Clear back in 2012 there was a little gem called Rainbow Moon. It was a tactical role playing game that had a great artstyle and both fans and critics agreed that it was a fun game (we gave it a 9). It wasn’t too much longer after that a sequel, Rainbow Skies, was in the works. It was slated to release in 2014, unfortunately it was delayed several times.
After a long time coming, Eastasiasoft Limited announced an official release date for Rainbow Skies. And it looks like it’s going to stick this time. Rainbow Skies boasts all the rpg goodness that made the first game such a delight.
- Follow the story of three young heroes and discover the true value of their friendship in this unforgettable adventure, inspired by fan-favourite classic Tactical RPGs.
- Explore a colorful and vibrant world, filled with friends and foes.
- Beautiful visuals, optimised to run at 60fps on PS4™, PS3™ and PS Vita.
- Revamped turn-based battles with practically limitless tactical depth. Plan your assault with hundreds of skills, items and options, plus all new combo attacks.
- Breed and level up a large variety of monsters, then bring them into battle with you!
- Upgrade your characters, weapons, equipment, and battle skills.
- Enjoy a huge variety of side quests and optional content.
- Dig up hidden treasures and find other valuable collectibles.
- Play a variety of mini games, including a turn-based fishing game.
- Cross-Save support on PS4™, PS3™ and PS Vita.
The release date is set for June 26th. Just like the first game, Rainbow Skies will be cross save and cross buy for PS3, PS4, and Vita. Also, if you are interested in physical copies they are offering those too. But only through Play-Asia. They’ll ship on launch day but you can pre-order now.