Our friends at Media Create have released the latest sales data for Japan for
the week ending July 30th, so let's dive right in and see what's going down.
Once again the DS tops the list, with a Tamagotchi game no less. Hasn't
Tamagotchi been lame for like ten years? Not over in Japan it seems. The PS2 had
a strong week, earning two spots in the top ten, and lo and behold it's a PSP
game in the top ten for the second week in a row! We'll never see Derby Stallion
in the United States, but Japanese gamers love horse racing games, so it's no
surprise to see one in the top ten.
If you're wondering, New Super Mario Bros. has broken the 2.5 million units
sold mark and isn't showing any signs of dropping out of the top ten anytime
soon. Of course it's still behind the insanity that is Brain Age (2.6 million
copies) and More Brain Age (2.87 million copies).
1. (DS) Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisetchi Gohiikini – 192,458
2. (PS2) Sengoku Basara 2 – 135,850
3. (DS) New Super Mario Bros – 114,225
4. (DS) Mario Basketball 3 on 3 – 110,708
5. (PS2) Kamaitachi no Yoru 3 – 97,315
6. (DS) Shaberu! Oryouri Nabi – 61,326
7. (DS) More Brain Age – 53,103
8. (PSP) Derby Stallion P – 49,206
9. (DS) Brain Age – 32,419
10. (DS) Mushiking Greatest Champion e no Michi 2 – 31,763