Ubisoft has sent word that Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter has a really long name, and that it has shipped to retail outlets across this fine land of ours. TC: GRAW has an ESRB rating of “T” for Teen and an MSRP of $49.99.
A little bit about the game, straight from Ubisoft:
The face of war has changed. Enemy lines blur and there is no longer a clear opponent. New enemies and new threats require a new type of warfare – a new type of soldier. Enter the Ghosts. In 2013, the U.S. Army will implement the Integrated Warfighter System (IWS) evolving what we know as the modern soldier. IWS combines advanced weapon systems, satellite communication devices and enhanced survivability into one fully integrated combat system. The IWS program has been developed to meet these new threats head on. Now, it can be tested on the battlefield. Following an insurgence in the heart of Mexico City, the U.S. Army’s most elite Special Forces team is deployed to the center of the conflict to regain control of the city. Greatly outnumbered but fully equipped with the IWS, this elite team is the first and last line of defense on the battlefield. They are the “quiet” professionals. They are the Ghosts.
Put on the new lethal, fully-integrated combat system developed by the U.S. Army for its elite soldiers.
The satellite powered CROSS COM communication device:
* Enhances your strategic vision of the battlefield, and allows effortless command of your squad and other allied forces.
* Direct precision air strikes, Apache gunship support and artillery strikes.
* Master deadly prototype high tech weapons that are inspired by actual army research programs, like the Crye caseless assault rifle.
* Fight through the war-torn streets of tomorrow’s Mexico City in exclusively-designed maps.
* 3 team-based adversarial modes (Team Survival, Assault, and Supremacy) playable over Sony Online.
* 10 dedicated multiplayer maps from historical urban zones to shantytowns.