Menu Close
Resident Evil Village

Resident Evil Village May Still Launch On Current-Gen Platforms After All

All hope isn’t lost as Capcom might continue to try and bring Resident Evil Village onto current-gen consoles. Earlier this year, fans learned the game wasn’t coming to current-generation platforms reportedly due to developmental problems.

Well, the developer might be trying to face it head-on and power through. During Capcom’s Tokyo Games Show presentation, it claimed it’s “looking into” how to bring Village onto current-generation platforms. 

“While Resident Evil Village is being developed specifically for next-generation consoles and PC, we’re looking into delivering the experience on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as well. We’re looking into it but we can’t make any promises, however we will do our best to bring a top-tier survival horror experience to current-generation consoles.”

Resident Evil Village takes place years after Resident Evil 7 and sees you take up the role of Ethan Winters once again. Lobbing you into a first-person perspective, it’s up to you to make your way through a monster-infested village.

Village is supposed to launch sometime in 2021.

What do you think? Do you want to see this next mainline entry on current-gen platforms? Tell us below!

Subscribe
Notify of
1 Comment
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Earl
Earl
3 years ago

Have a PS5 preordered (from Sony), so I don’t expect to care so much. I’m always torn on generational shifts – it’s generally a good thing to have a version for the outgoing generation, but sometimes those end up being sales material to show how big a leap it is to the next generation. I’m hoping that’s the case here – despite my preorder (partly about playing HDR 4k Blu-Rays on a decent player, as opposed to my XBox One S), I’m worried that this might not be as big a leap as last time.

Then again…the PS3 still looks dang good for games built with it in mind, all these years later. And the PS5 has some innovative controller changes that I really hope developers utilize. I hope realistic trigger pull becomes a standard feedback in ALL shooting games on the PS5 – it just seems like a no-brainer to implement.

So, mixed feelings. Great for them if they can have a playable version on older hardware – I think that only ends up benefiting the studio and the players. Just don’t stop pushing the limits of the new hardware and using its features.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x