Menu Close
Overkill's The Walking Dead

Overkill’s The Walking Dead Possibly Canceled

The road to Overkill’s attempt at making The Walking Dead-themed co-op FPS hasn’t been all sunshine and rainbows. Overkill’s The Walking Dead was supposed to come out this month. Well, it’s the tail-end of February now, what gives?

Doing a little digging reveals a Reddit user who put up a post on the r/OverkillsTWD subreddit. The post was simple: a picture that showed an automatic email sent from Sony. The email was detailing how they refunded the user’s PSN wallet because the publisher of Overkill’s The Walking Dead told them it was canceled.

Sadly, this might not come as a big surprise to observant people. The game was delayed until February 2019 last month. To be fair, it wasn’t telling at the time. It certainly didn’t help that the game also didn’t do too hot on the one platform it did release on; Steam. The reviews were lukewarm from a total of over 2,000 reviews.

As of right now, neither Overkill nor Starbreeze have responded to the post.

What do you think? Did this news make you disappointed? Are you surprised by this news? Tell us below!

Subscribe
Notify of
2 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Rogueagent01
Rogueagent01
5 years ago

I think it’s kinda funny, i warned a lot of people that the game was going to be a mess. However i actually have to give credit to Overkill & Starbreeze for making what may have been the right decision. It is better to cancel a game and tick off some people versus releasing a completely riddled game and infuriate many more.

Gabriel Stanford-Reisinger
Gabriel Stanford-Reisinger
5 years ago
Reply to  Rogueagent01

Agreed.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x