Clear all

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Review

37 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
ZettaiSeigi
 ZettaiSeigi
(@ZettaiSeigi)

Sorry, but FF X-2 is far from awful. The hyper-feminine presentation may be too much for some people but there's no denying that it is a great RPG. The battle system alone put a lot of RPGs to shame.

Posted : 23/03/2014 12:00 am
Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

FFII was originally only released in Japan. It came here first (aside from fan imports) as a PS1 FF Origins release.

It wasn't terrible. People praised it for the ability to grow the characters however you want. It's also the first one to give a real attempt at storytelling. It set the tone for the series in a lot of ways. In short, it was an important entry.

The FFII that originally came outside of Japan was for SNES and was what is now known as FFIV and what was once known as FFIII is now known as FFVI. It was always correct in Japan, but I guess back then they figured they'd only confuse us if they gave it the same numbers since we never got 2,3, or 5 originally... lol ah well.

Anyways, in that SNES case, that FFII (FFIV) was great, too. It's the one with Cecil and Kain.

chuckuykendall
 chuckuykendall
(@chuckuykendall)

Ben, I agree with you:
- My 14yo nephew is an avid gamer and instead of playing games I on occasion watch him play. Just about every single chance he gets to skip a cut scene he does and every single time I roll my eyes..."you're not even paying attention to the story..."

Ben, I disagree with you:
- I've never believed the voice acting in FFX was great, not even through my nostalgia-colored glasses.
- The only cut scene I am in favor of being able to skip is the one right before a major fight that I get my a$$ handed to me and I lose. That cut scene, that I have to watch over and over and over, is one I don't mind skipping. 😉

Ben Dutka PSXE
 Ben Dutka PSXE
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

FFX's voice acting was basically better than any other game at the time, which is why - for the era - it could only be qualified as "great," comparatively speaking. It's still amateurish in the bigger scheme of things.

On the first point, I'm totally with you. 🙂

Godslim
 Godslim
(@Godslim)

haha nice underdog

Posted : 25/03/2014 12:00 am
Godslim
 Godslim
(@Godslim)

the appeal is great story and fun gameplay. Plus when this came out on ps2 the graphics were amazing

Posted : 25/03/2014 12:00 am
Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

He still suffers from psychosomatic chronic pain from the beatings his drunken, insecure papa gave him for playing with barbies. His blatant ignorance must be forgiven.

Posted : 26/03/2014 12:00 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: