Clear all

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Review

53 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Teddie9
 Teddie9
(@Teddie9)

oops! I meant that it does NOT make you any good....sigh...

Posted : 28/02/2014 12:00 am
Oxvial
 Oxvial
(@Oxvial)

Nah books in general I agree with you Ben, but as a Vampire plot there are not better than this, mediocrity? the first game was solid 8.5 this one a 8.0 imo. mediocrity are 5.0 or lower rated games.

sigh.
has such such high hopes for this, and thief.
so many games these days feel spoiled because developers shoehorned things in for the sake of it.
as the saying goes too many chefs in the kitchen spoil the soup.
shame because CLoS was one of the best games of last gen!
knew turning him into dracula was a bad idea!

MRSUCCESS
 MRSUCCESS
(@MRSUCCESS)

How unfortunate that it scored so low. I'm still going to buy it because I enjoyed the first one, but with Dark Souls 2 and MGS5 around the corner, I'm going to wait for the price to drop. Too many games and too little time.

Dante399
 Dante399
(@Dante399)

I am buying the game tonight ; )

berserk
 berserk
(@berserk)

What i want is them making a castlevania using the animated artwork showing the moves .

2d castlevania need to comeback on consoles .

Big_Boss90
 Big_Boss90
(@Big_Boss90)

Yea aleast a 8.5 story is great gameplay is great, we need to play the game for what it is and stop living in the past as we all know another like SOTN wont happen!!!!

Oxvial
 Oxvial
(@Oxvial)

Yep that SOTN it's a better game, a masterpiece but that was pure game play, one of the most simple plots ever, I just don't get people hating on the plot of this game without even playing, and talking wonders about SOTN lol.

But whatever I just don't get a lot of gamers these days for example Dishonored has to be one of the most boring plots I ever watched and people love the heck of it e_e.

Last edited by Oxvial on 2/28/2014 3:19:36 PM

Teddie9
 Teddie9
(@Teddie9)

Dishonored is liked mainly for its gameplay, not its plot which was merely sufficient to justify what was happening.

Oxvial
 Oxvial
(@Oxvial)

Yep but if people claim this game plot it's awful and that affect the game, Dishonored story was bland and the characters doesn't even beat in charisma department the generic knights that Dracula beat in the first scene, I just returned it ASAP on this gen gameplay oriented games are only okay for the fighting genre imo.

Just imagine a Metal Gear Solid in which the plot fails D:

Big_Boss90
 Big_Boss90
(@Big_Boss90)

I agree 100 percent on Dishonoredthe problem with gamers is they don't like change clearly mercury steam was passionate with the LoS series and i think they did well and deserve more then this mediocre score if you enjoyed the first which most of you here did then you will love this...... And thoses bashing on this if you think you can make a better castlevania then by all means open a studio and make one iam dying to play it!!!!!!

Big_Boss90
 Big_Boss90
(@Big_Boss90)

So a game tht does not have a good story but good gameplay get 9 and 10 by reveiwers but a game that have good story and gameplay gets a 6.6 i dont uderstand i played both and iam having more fun with LoS2. I will never base purchase on a reveiw NEVER

Lone Wanderer
 Lone Wanderer
(@Lone Wanderer)

First of all people need to stop basing a purchase on a review.secondly this game deserves an 8.5 score. The story is great and the stealth sections make sense if you are actually paying attention to the story.Dracula does not have all his powers back he is weak they make that abundantly clear in the game.hence why the sneaking around.the story makes perfect sense if you've played though the first one all the way to the end.its a story of vengeance and closure. The story does have where it counts and it is doing what it thinks its doing.I'll be back.at work.

Big_Boss90
 Big_Boss90
(@Big_Boss90)

Agreed!!! Enough said

Bonampak
 Bonampak
(@Bonampak)

"they did a history that it's several times better than any other Castlevania game or any Vampire movie ever made"

^^^ That's your opinion. The story in the first game was not exactly stellar. Just a lot of convoluted plot twists here and there.

In regards to the story of the games being superior to what you can see in ANY vampire movie EVER made..... that would only be true if you started watching vampire movies by way of the TWILIGHT trilogy and not much else.

Heck, there been recent vampire movies with a better story already. "Let the Right One In" (the original, not the remake) is an example of that. And it was better as a book too.

Posted : 01/03/2014 12:00 am
Page 3 / 4
Share: