Clear all

Killer is Dead Review

21 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Ben Dutka PSXE
 Ben Dutka PSXE
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

Yeah, that's what it is, Kid. All the critics got it wrong but you're right.

This has nothing to do with skill. I've beaten some of the hardest action games ever made. This has everything to do with loose control and a terrible camera, which you must also battle every second. This is not opinion; it's fact.

Some are willing to deal with it and enjoy what's underneath. Some aren't. Doesn't change the fact that the base control mechanics are extremely unrefined.

If you really think me and every other reviewer just wanted to slam away at buttons, couldn't do it, and then knocked the game for being too hard, that's your own delusion. It's insulting to those who actually know what they're doing.

Last edited by Ben Dutka PSXE on 9/4/2013 12:47:21 PM

Posted : 04/09/2013 12:00 am
WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

"deal with it and enjoy what's underneath" that's a great way of putting the reason I can still enjoy games that get these kinds of scores. Ya can't let it blind you though if you want to argue stuff over the internet.

Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Ben- I'm going by the fact that I had no problem playing the game. And it's not just me who believes this. There is a huge disparity between critics and gamers on this one. Its happened before. Deadly Premonition. Nier. White Knight Chronicles. Yakuza. Sometimes critics are too much sheep, mainstream, and fad driven to appreciate a game for what it is. Personally, this is my favorite Grasshopper game in terms of how much fun the combat is. The story as crazy as it is is fun becauae of that. You and your ilk may wish for games to be art and taken as serious as Hollywood, but every game does not need to be shoehorned into your desire. And no mention of another amazing soundtrack from Yamaoka in your review either.

And World, come back and question my position when you get the game off Ebay for cheap in a couple years. Maybe it will still be relevant, yeah?

Ben Dutka PSXE
 Ben Dutka PSXE
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

Me and my "ilk?" Me, who was one of the first critics in the Western hemisphere to give Nier the credit it deserves? Me, who understood why White Knight and White Knight II did a good job of catering to the core audience? Me, who has called Yakuza one of the best franchises of the current generation and has never scored one of the games below an 8?

Wow, you sure know a lot about me and my "ilk." You don't have to do any research, mind you, and you accuse me of "shoehorning" when you ignore my review history, but I'm obviously the problem.

Oh yes. Critics got it wrong. We're just all "sheep" and the "true" gamers are the ones who know what's up. ...I've heard this many times before, my friend. It's called the egotism of the hardcore and it never goes away on the Internet. But by all means, continue to "educate" us because we're just in dire need of your expertise. Go yell at GameSpot, too, who gave this game a 5. Or any of the other critics who scored it even lower but OBVIOUSLY have no idea what they're doing.

Really. We all thank you for your superior enlightenment.

Last edited by Ben Dutka PSXE on 9/4/2013 4:05:01 PM

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

I never questioned your position in the first place, nor do I intend to waste my virtual breath doing so.

Neo_Aeon666
 Neo_Aeon666
(@Neo_Aeon666)

*No decent critic is bashing the game just for that reason*

Yeah but it's sad you don't have to be decent to be big T-T lol. (Kotaku and friends)

That's y this website is my first pick for game opinions. And yeah I'll be buying it by the next payday so I can comment more on it lol

Page 2 / 2
Share: