Clear all

God of War: Ascension Review

45 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

Thanks. I thought the single player demo was insanely spectacular, not so much for the hardcore play as I would get from NG but for what GoW does best: Incredible set pieces with stunning visuals, art design, and unmatched boss scale, coupled with solid action. It's in a league of it's own in that regard. I'm totally pro-multiplay with these types too. My favorite gaming genre is actually multi-player oriented(fighting games) so I'd love to see high production 'action hack-n-slash' types evolve in the multiplayer realm. Action games like this are a step in the right direction. The NG series is making strides there as well.

Last edited by Temjin001 on 3/13/2013 1:15:35 PM

Posted : 13/03/2013 12:00 am
WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

Temjin are you new to the series?

Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

what series?

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

GoW

bigrailer19
 bigrailer19
(@bigrailer19)

Temjin-

You get all that from the start of the game. It immediately throws you in an amazing set piece that could rival the Poseidon beginning of GoW3 When you realize the size and scope of the situation.

The action remains solid and the gameplay is spectacular. The platforming is smooth, the combat has recieved some welcomed enhancements making it a smoother transition between weapon swaps and utlimately you get the GoW experience you would expect.

I look forward to knowing how you react after you play it.

Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

Sherlock, yes, straight from the orifice of life I'm new to GoW. Lemme tell you more about me. I've been a member of PSXe for a few years now. I love old school jrpg's, especially turn-based ones from the PSX era. I adore Ni No Kuni and believe it to be a watershed moment in gaming. I prefer the new DmC over the old. I hate KZ3. I also used to write editorials and reviews for an upstart site named Velocity Gamer. I sold Assassin's Creed 2 because I couldn't have it next to my elite collection of hits: Dark Void, Two Worlds 2, and Kingdoms of Amular. I also have an anxiety disorder and memory loss and love liberals and think conservatives are sick freaks.
=p

Anyway, not sure why you had to ask that as if I'm a foreigner here.

Do you not remember when we annoyed ben by our preference of GoW2 over GoW3 a couple years back?

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

WTF is wrong with you?

Last edited by WorldEndsWithMe on 3/13/2013 7:19:37 PM

Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

hey, chill, you're asking the senseless question.

Last edited by Temjin001 on 3/13/2013 8:14:57 PM

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

I will get this later on, the only GoW I don't have is Ghost of Sparta

telly
 telly
(@telly)

Definitely get Ghost of Sparta some time too, I probably liked the story in that one more than any of the others.

telly
 telly
(@telly)

A few hours in and loving it so far. It certainly stays in the lane, so to speak. This is the God of War you already know, whether you like it or not. But if you were expecting something revolutionary, or at the very least very different, you weren't paying attention. This is a final send-off to the God of War storyline we've had so far, while Sony is clearly saving the new story (and hopefully, some new gameplay ideas that will expand the GoW experience a bit, as this is pretty well-worn territory at this point) for the inevitable PS4 sequels.

As a farewell chapter to the series as we've known it so far, this is a great game.

telly
 telly
(@telly)

Ooh, and quick note on the multiplayer: I only played the multiplayer demo so far that was out a couple of months ago, and in the first pass I unfortunately need to agree with Ben. It's unnecessary, and the style of gameplay in GoW just doesn't lend itself very well to competitive play. My thumbs got sore I was mashing buttons so hard when I played...

xenris
 xenris
(@xenris)

It makes me sad when my two favourite community members argue 😛

Posted : 14/03/2013 12:00 am
Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

Hello stranger. Are you new to the series?
Mass Effect?

=p

Posted : 14/03/2013 12:00 am
xenris
 xenris
(@xenris)

Mass Effect, is that the game where you shoot the aliens with a gun ;)??

Posted : 15/03/2013 12:00 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: