Clear all

Hitman: Absolution Review

21 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Beamboom
 Beamboom
(@Beamboom)

I know, this is totally getting on my tits. I NEED my avatar back!
I am now faceless! Transparent! I am... Nothing!

Posted : 25/11/2012 12:00 am
FxTales
 FxTales
(@FxTales)

You read wrong. Someone else mentioned waiting till it was on the cheap. It was directed to people who think that way.

iankhaneagle
 iankhaneagle
(@iankhaneagle)

i agree with:

your perception of the gritty overtones. too often during my time with the game i feel the fame ventures into Max Payne territory especially within the cut scenes. the gritty filter used to embellish Dexter to some extent detracts from a great game. i cannot emphasize how many times i have had to use max payne to describe the games feel.

i disagree with:
your view on the graphics. for the most part i see them as top notch. there were some definite texture hiccups, but this is multi-plat, not uncharted 3. shudder to think how good it would be as a ps3 exclusive. also feel the controls are pretty spot on. my big gripe is with the instinct meter, which IDK why you did not cover, pretty sure its a new mode. i also feel like you skipped over pin point shooting. i feel it is the best aspect of the game.

if i were grading the game fairly i would give it between a 7 and a 8.9. cannot go into the 9s due to too many Rockstar games influences and IMO perceived borrowing from/ripping off of LA Noire, Max Payne, etc. right now i would lean towards an 8.5, with a few points off due to the swarming AI. i feel the disguise system is a bit wonky. could have been handled better. there seems to not be a ton of time to switch into one when the situation calls for it. i know the game encourages stealth but sometimes i feel the game skews things towards a gameplay style IE perhaps favors headshots more in some levels than stealth take downs...it feels when you get penalized you get shat on rather than given a window. just asking when you close a door open a window, IE gameplay balance.

allot of the shortcomings and lack of variety i could forgive if this game knew what it wanted to be!
its funny so many games have been flogged for having a confused identity, but the one game that has it by far the worst is the one game that no one says boo about it in the reviews.
its so frustrating, some parts of some levels are so open and you can choose whatever you want to do!
other levels its just your typical corridor shooter.
make up your mind IO, do you want this to be another mindless shooter?
or a open ended multiple choice, multiple path stealth game?
it cant be both!
forget the stupid AI, technical hiccups,unfair scoring system, boring gameplay, i could forgive everything if the game at least stuck with one thing!
when it wants to be it can be a FANTASTIC game!
so open ended with a million different ways to get to where you need to be, and a million different things to do.
other times its heres the staircase, with 10 guards per step.
walk straight past them without them seeing you.
inconsistent much?

Godslim
 Godslim
(@Godslim)

great review
tho i like the gritty part of hitman and thought it was nice to include more of a story this time in a hitman game and i know normal mode is very forgiving but try the harder difficultes, its much like mgs in the respect of harder difficultes, the easy modes u can get caught and stuff but hard u have to adopt a whole different play style

JBLAZE
 JBLAZE
(@JBLAZE)

played this game over my four day weekend, trully enjoyed this game. i just wish i could be more stealthy. kept getting tempted and just shoot everyone.

Posted : 26/11/2012 12:00 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: