Call of Duty: Black...

Notifications
Clear all

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Review

42 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Temjin001)

Ah yah, an example of my point is in Ben's Doom 3 BFG review. The game's control got rated a 6.6 because the whole game felt somewhat crappy.

Posted : 16/11/2012 12:00 am
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

Warfighter had major bugs and that included graphical bugs. Maybe others didn't see them but I did. Furthermore, I think Treyarch did a LOT more with the over-the-top set pieces and there's also a LOT more visual variety.

(@bigrailer19)

Theres also been a lot of reports with bugs in Black Ops 2. So maybe reviews are being tainted a little, with some copies running great and others not?

Don't think it's the developer so much anymore as sometimes it appears to be machine specific. it's a lame excuse but lately I find it probable. Can't really explain why my MoH runs perfect, others doesn't. Or why your Copy of CoD runs perfect and others doesn't. And even further why my Playthrough of Skyrim has yet to "break".

(@WorldEndsWithMe)

Didn't mean to call the review into question, I was just wondering if maybe the Frosbite 2 isn't so great if it can't hold up to an old engine when processing textures.

(@bigrailer19)

The Frostbite 2 engine is pretty awesome. MoH looks great, I'm anxious to see what Dice can do with it on their next use of it, because I wasn't as impressed with some things in BF3 as I was with them implemented in MoH.

(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

bigrailer: It's not just about great graphics. It's about a dozen other things, like variety, design, and solidarity. Black Ops II simply outstrips Warfighter in all these categories, even if it doesn't necessarily have the same level of detail.

We grade the entire visual presentation, not just how pretty a pixel looks.

Last edited by Ben Dutka PSXE on 11/16/2012 11:51:40 AM

(@bigrailer19)

Well, I know that. Which leads me back to my point of apparently we are at a point where some copies run great and others don't, regardless what game it is.

Like I said Black Ops 2, has several notable bugs floating around, and you didn't have any issues. Where as MoH you had plenty of issues to note, but some people, myself included got to enjoy what was for the most part a great running game.

How you explain that, I'll never know.

(@Godslim)

mp would get a 7, sp an 8 and zombies a 7 tbh the it aint broke dont fix it thing is getting dull

(@AcHiLLiA)

How big are the maps in multiplayer? Biggest maps probably still around the same size as the previous COD maps?

Last edited by AcHiLLiA on 11/16/2012 12:23:28 AM

(@ulsterscot)

Thanks for the review - campaign looks promising.

Running into problems now with the multiplayer that I didn't on day 1 - quite a few of us are having system freezes - and trouble taking parties into lobbies. Treyarch seems to run into this every release - Black Ops and World At War had problems for the first week too.

Fyi - MOH Warfighter has fixed the glitches - the multiplayer is a ton of fun - just needs more maps / DLC. Haven't tried the campaign yet.

(@Underdog15)

I don't know if this will help you or not, but one thing I noticed last night was that at first, my party didn't come with me, but when I waited like... honestly 15 seconds (annoying), the "matched players" changed to my party members.

Let me know if that works for you, too.

(@___________)

really saddens me how this hollywood crap is getting more recognition and praise than the tactical varied warfighter!
hell, even black ops was better than this!
all this has done is proven my point, uniqueness has become illegal in this industry.
ive always liked treyarch and their games because their one of the few developers who have always tried to separate themselves from the herd, do something different.
they dident fall into the typical ohh look at me big explosion michael bay crap.
well, until now.
sigh.
why has every developer abandoned their morals and turned into clones?
treyarchs games have been so popular because they were so different from IWs, and in fact the industries!
now though, with BO2, remove the title, remove the treyarch name, and i would swear IW made it!
sigh, uniqueness is here by illegal and punishable by the milky way galaxy exploding!

(@Killa Tequilla)

It has already been established that CoD deserves the sales it's making. People want what CoD is. Just let them play in peace.

(@dillonthebunny)

one of the big issues for Moh was how bad mp looked. i don't care if you say "but its all about game play"... yeah whatever.

basically mohs mp looked like a bf2 hd remake, and that just isn't the way it should be, how the hell can a sequel look far worse than the game before it? ...oh that's right, it does if you tell DICE to keep their sticky paws off of it.

blops 2 is just so well rounded, it ticks all the boxes you might buy a cod game for.. love it or hate it, its a damn good cod, might even be the best so far.

(@Underdog15)

I think it's the best so far, for sure. Pick 10 is great. It forces you to give up some to take some. So no "class cheating" if there ever was such a thing.

And is it just me, or is auto-aim much less obvious now?

Page 2 / 3
Share: