Borderlands 2 Revie...

Notifications
Clear all

Borderlands 2 Review

Page 2 / 3
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

😀 excellent. Those devs deserve support man, I have been loving their dev commentary video...or diaries? Whatever they are called, Dishonoured looks to be one of the most refreshing first person experiences since the original Bioshock.

I'm also an early adopter, have it pre ordered and everything 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/09/2012 12:00 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Me too, I preordered from Amazon, how about you?

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Gamespot for the ps3 version, although I might switch it to the PC version. Because after looking at all the crazy stuff you can do I realized I needed a mouse and keyboard if I wanted to reach my true assassin potential =D

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

So they did it. Gearbox actually did it!
They seem to have unleashed *all* the potential us fans saw in the first game. This is such a great day. I'm so happy, the Borderlands franchise truly deserved this.

I'm also happy the loot system remained like it is. This game is meant to be played by *friends*. And friends help each other. Plus, typically the different players were looking for different weapon types anyways, so at least in my experience the loot sharing worked perfectly fine by being handled by us.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Great review, i'll be picking up this one soon.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Ben, as someone who played alone... would you say that this sequel is a little fairer than the first game? i played the first game by myself, and at times i felt almost like i was at a very unfair disadvantage when things would heat up. have they addressed this with borderlands 2 with a little balancing?

it was almost like at times the game was saying that you shouldn't even try to play it single player.. lol

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I apologize for answering for Ben but I'm here so why not :P.

Ben most likely has played more than me, I have played the beginning hour or so twice with different sets of friends lol, plus played it solo. I noticed it gets reaaally tough with more people if your all not focusing and helping each other out. When I soloed though, I didn't get downed once, when I was with 2 other friends I got downed about 4 times.

I think you should be okay, but if Ben played more of the game solo he will definitely have a better answer for you.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

If I were you and thought Borderlands was unbalanced, I would play with the Soldier! Nothing beats that turret. It's a nice friend to have a long for the ride. Not to mention the Soldier in B2 looks even better!

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Xenris is right, for the most part. But as times goes on, things tend to balance out; it's almost equally challenging solo or multiplayer. However, I will say that in co-op, everyone definitely has to work together or you're gonna be screwed.

The first Borderlands did feel like you were at a disadvantage a lot of the time. And while I do feel that to some extent in the sequel, it's far less and more erratic. There are just a few times when I go, "Sh**, can't go over THERE just yet." 😉

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

so happy to see this being such a big sleeper hit!
i was not expecting much from it, but its looking like its expanded and perfected everything the original stood for!
EVERYTHING a sequel should be!
and FINALLY a sequel that IS a SEQUEL, not a new IP!
i think im going to faint......

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I don't know if I'd call this a sleeper hit. The first game sold 4.5 million worldwide, and I haven't seen anyone on my Steam friends list playing anything BUT Borderlands 2 since it came out.

Definitely agree that it's everything a sequel should be, since they eliminated most of the (very minor) issues in the first game and then just turned all the good stuff up to 11. It's also a lot more challenging than the first game, which I like.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

This game is so good. So very very good.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

After a semester-long stay at CMU, completely private of video games, it's good to be back to gaming, and what better game than this to kill my gigantic itch? 🙂
I will surely be picking this up tomorrow.

Great review, Ben.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Welcome back.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)