Clear all

Mass Effect 3 Review

34 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
FxTales
 FxTales
(@FxTales)

They made that dlc out as being not a big deal to have, but if you ask me that type of character is something you'd expect in the main storyline. Don't know why they never incorporated it in.

Posted : 07/03/2012 12:00 am
TheAgingHipster
 TheAgingHipster
(@TheAgingHipster)

Useless as in pointless? No. That bit of DLC really sheds some light on the ancient history of the Mass Effect universe. Paints the Protheans in a new light that I won't spoil here and adds depth to these beings that *SPOILERSPOILER* eventually became the Collectors.

Useless as in, it doesn't influence the game? Yeah, pretty much. The new squadmate isn't a necessity, and the game was designed to work without it, so no, you don't need him, but I strongly recommend downloading it!

berserk
 berserk
(@berserk)

I think ben made an article about this , They said they did nt had time to make it before the the debug , manufacture and approval process .

Personally i think it s just excuses , hoping for example that some of those that don t buy day 1 dlc change their mind for this one game .

Last edited by berserk on 3/7/2012 6:37:28 AM

telly
 telly
(@telly)

Got a quick taste last night before I had to run off to dinner, and DAMN did it suck me right in. Initial feeling is that if you liked previous MEs, you're gonna love this one.

michiganfan1983
 michiganfan1983
(@michiganfan1983)

Great review Ben. Couple of issue that I have had (about 8 hrs in): rotated heads during conversations(not a big issue but just messes up the seriousness of the conversations) and it has froze twice. Other than those its the basic Bioware/Unreal issues that Ben mentioned. Loving the game so far, wish I could say I am looking forward to really enjoying the game this weekend but I am traveling, so I will just continue to hammer out a few hours a night.

TheAgingHipster
 TheAgingHipster
(@TheAgingHipster)

Haven't experienced any of these issues in the PC version. Especially the framerate. It's top-notch. (Lip-syncing could have used a little more work, though...)

I am more pleased with the conclusion of this trilogy than I had ever expected. Thanks for doing the fans proud, BioWare!!!

JBLAZE
 JBLAZE
(@JBLAZE)

Only had a chance to play about three hours yesterday, but this game is niceeeeeee. Almost called out today and just play all day. freaking 9-5, its okay i will be infront of my tv tonight and should have enough time to play at least four hours today.

telly
 telly
(@telly)

I thought about staying home too -- but I literally took a couple extra days off this coming weekend to ensure I had ample time to play 🙂 The rest of this week is gonna be torture.

Buckeyestar
 Buckeyestar
(@Buckeyestar)

I wonder if the score would have been higher if it were reviewed by someone who actually likes the Mass Effect games.

OverBerg
 OverBerg
(@OverBerg)

You're right Buckeye, a 9.3 is such a horrendous score.
*Please note sarcasm* 🙂

Ben Dutka PSXE
 Ben Dutka PSXE
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

Oh yes, tons higher.

Dumb.

AcHiLLiA
 AcHiLLiA
(@AcHiLLiA)

Do u have to play the previous titles to enjoy this game?, I heard that the devs say u don't need to worry.

Pandacastro
 Pandacastro
(@Pandacastro)

No you could make the choices from the first 2 when you create a character.

Pandacastro
 Pandacastro
(@Pandacastro)

Anyone up from some co-op add me. Psn pandacastro.

burnedknight
 burnedknight
(@burnedknight)

Nice review Ben I plan on picking up ME3 later this week and I can't wait to see how the story ends

Last edited by burnedknight on 3/7/2012 5:28:21 PM

Page 2 / 3
Share: