Final Fantasy XIII-2 Review

82 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

@Zen
This is true. But for story lovers, most MMO's have various stories that can be started and completed.

FFXI, if you were good enough, had a couple of decent stories and conclusions.

Posted : 01/02/2012 12:00 am
Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

Would you judge me if I did?

Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

@Arvis
For sure. Just look at Palpatations (who conveniently immediately proved your point. ;p)

Whether the dresspheres were dresspheres or something else, the system was fantastic. Anyone with eyes can see that. It was fluid, complex, and there was pretty much no way you could master everything. There's too much! Even if you could master everything, there's nothing that would allow you to have it all disposable to you every battle. The added stats through changing allowed you to really set up specializations, thus rewarding good strategy while keeping it playable for all by not making it necessary to complete the game.

Although that bubbly dialogue can get to you at times, (not out of embarrassment, but out of frustration for me) the gameplay was top notch, 1st rate.

uh... anyone else put lady luck in their dresspheres for the... uh... animations?

..... *runs and hides*

Arvis
 Arvis
(@Arvis)

LOL, Underdog, the only thing left to say on the subject is: SOLIDARITY, BROTHER! *fist pump*

-Arvis

Beamboom
 Beamboom
(@Beamboom)

@Highlander, quoting "it's fundamentally flawed at the fundamental level by not being turn based" - This statement made me curious: Is it in your opinion impossible to imagine a good Final Fantasy game without it being turn-based?

Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

@Beamboom
It is for me because it's been that way since it's origin in the late 80's. In that sense, it is fundamental, I suppose. No one ever said "FF must be turn based" at a managerial level, of course, but it's always been that way.

Dunno if that makes sense or not.

Draguss
 Draguss
(@Draguss)

Interesting. The story may have pulled this back, but it still gives me hope for the future. f they can keep the improvements (and hopefully get rid of the damn auto battle), and make another excellent story, I don't think I'd mind them going on to make a 3rd. At least that way there would be a main FF with XIII in the title that actually deserves to be part of this series. Although if they do, I do hope they finish Versus first.

Last edited by Draguss on 2/27/2012 7:50:48 PM

Posted : 27/02/2012 12:00 am
Page 6 / 6
Share: