Clear all

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Review

82 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
CrusaderForever
 CrusaderForever
(@CrusaderForever)

I'm not since XIII-2 didn't have a conclusion you will need XIII-3 to conclude it. If all goes well Lightning and the whole XIII and XIII-2 cast will be playable with an epic story and conclusion. Once they are done they can finish up and then release FFXV!

Posted : 31/01/2012 12:00 am
bebestorm
 bebestorm
(@bebestorm)

Once again you show us you have integrity. Though I never let a review determine if I buy a game but I do take the time to read your reviews. I havent played yet but I will soon. Excellent review.

I'll probably buy all the dlc because I love dlc for single player games.

gungrave
 gungrave
(@gungrave)

Hey Ben have you heard of the new rpg coming out from Level 5, Ni No Kuni? Level 5 and the artists from Spirited Away are making it for the PS3. Check it out. http://youtu.be/1ysGqsLf2oA

Ben Dutka PSXE
 Ben Dutka PSXE
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

...of course I've heard of it. I think we have a dozen headlines on that game at least.

Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

hehe, I just imagined a bear emerging from his cave after hibernation giving a big stretch and yawn.

haha... big bear's kinda cute.

*back to reality*

But yeah... most of us are waiting on that game with bated breath.

Ninja_WafflesXD
 Ninja_WafflesXD
(@Ninja_WafflesXD)

It's reassuring to see that FF XIII-2 managed to pull good review scores, although the fact that the story is weaker in the sequel is disappointing.

Hmmm....will probably be picking this up at a later date 🙂

Teddie9
 Teddie9
(@Teddie9)

This rarely occurs after Ben's review but I'm still on the fence on this one. It's true though what Highlander said, I need a story that is at the very least structured, there seems like there isn't really enough to pull you over for 13-3 (ughhh).

Well, reckoning will be out soon! 😀

TheHighlander
 TheHighlander
(@TheHighlander)

It makes me wonder though whether FFXIII-3 might be released as a triple pack collectors edition with all three games to be played sequentially so you get the full saga end to end...

LimitedVertigo
 LimitedVertigo
(@LimitedVertigo)

I'm enjoying the game so far. It's better than XIII though I'm not far enough into it to judge the storyline.

Ben Dutka PSXE
 Ben Dutka PSXE
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

I ended up with the Collector's and the guide, LV. Have to admit, I'm having fun, too, so I'm not sorry I have the extra stuff. 🙂

Still...there's a part of me that feels just a tad empty. Ah well.

kokoro
 kokoro
(@kokoro)

Well a metacritic score of only 77 is quite bad for a FF title. Review wise, this sequel has failed (by FF standards).

Beamboom
 Beamboom
(@Beamboom)

Yes Deus Ex were French afaik. Great game too, except for those dead stupid boss fights. Fail of the decade.

Last edited by Beamboom on 2/1/2012 5:24:37 AM

Posted : 01/02/2012 12:00 am
Beamboom
 Beamboom
(@Beamboom)

Weird.
I gotta add that FF13 is one of very few games over the years who I personally found to have a heavily overrated metascore. I usually agree with the metas (that's how average I am... 😀 ) but FF13 being 80+ made no sense to me whatsoever.

Oh well, I'm not supposed to understand *everything*.

Beamboom
 Beamboom
(@Beamboom)

I don't buy this, it must be meant as a joke?
Why would anyone *want* something to fail? Well, other than COD that is, that hate is pretty undisguised but that's usually how the king of any hill is treated so that's different.

ffrevenge, enlighten us please: Was it a joke?

Last edited by Beamboom on 2/1/2012 5:19:44 AM

Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

Final Fantasy was king of it's hill at one point in time. So I suppose it wouldn't be totally absurd to have some form of emotion follow it everywhere, Beam.

Page 5 / 6
Share: