Clear all

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Review

24 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
TheHighlander
 TheHighlander
(@TheHighlander)

A barrel roll from a hover? LOLOLOL! OK, that they cannot do. I'm not sure how effective it would be at avoiding destruction in any case...

Posted : 12/10/2011 12:00 am

bout bloody time we got another fighter jet game!
a friend of mines been messaging me literally every 5 minutes have you got the game yet can i borrow it!
sheesh, at times i really want to just yank the internet cable out!
been WAY too long since we had a great fighter jet game though!
in fact, well, this gen were still waiting!
HAWX was decent, and the review on this have been ok.
nothing amazing.
oh what do we have to do to get a 9+ rated fighter jet game?

TheHighlander
 TheHighlander
(@TheHighlander)

I'll have to get this. I haven't played a decent fighter game in years and years. I feel the need, the need for a VIFF maneuver or two...Alternately let the sucker get right behind me and slam the airbrakes...

Beamboom
 Beamboom
(@Beamboom)

Just as an addendum to Bens review, for those who are particulary interested in the coop aspect of this game:

Up to three players can cooperate on slightly adjusted versions of all the missions from single player.

maxpontiac
 maxpontiac
(@maxpontiac)

If I might add - If any PSXE members have this game, shoot a friend requests to "maxpontiac". I am looking for some co-op buddies!

79transam
 79transam
(@79transam)

I will be getting it, just not sure when damn the wife for doing a job switch 2 weeks before the october game onslaught began haha

Posted : 13/10/2011 12:00 am
bigwho62
 bigwho62
(@bigwho62)

I beat the game last night. It is fun and I recommend it to fans of the series. I do have a few gripes that Ben didn't bring up. One gripe is that your wingmen don't do a damn thing for you up there during dogfights. I remember at least in the last Ace Combat on the PS the wingmen actually shot down some enemies. This one, don't expect that. You might have 4 bogies on your six painting you with missiles and they are just flying around with no intentions of helping you. You will kill everything on your own in this game. My other gripe is the controls of the helicopter. RPGs and missiles are getting shot at you and to perform the barrel roll requires you to push L1+R1 at the same time. The problem is your special weapon is the R1 button. So, there have been times I was unintentionally firing my missiles when trying to barrel roll. Before long you are out of missiles and are left win the guns and the mission just started. Don't get me wrong though I do love this game. I am happy that Namco finally gave Ace Combat back to us Playstation fans. That was a really dumb move on them to abandon the platform that made Ace Combat for Xbox (probably because they game them a wad of cash).

Posted : 13/10/2011 12:00 am
Crabba
 Crabba
(@Crabba)

Those were some cool videos, Thanks for the links Highlander.

Posted : 14/10/2011 12:00 am
Sirius
 Sirius
(@Sirius)

Everything is really good with this game, it is an improvement for the franchise but didn't like the helicopter missions, they are really boring.

Posted : 22/01/2012 12:00 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: