Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Wow, that was a good tid-bit. I liked it. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2011 12:00 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

speaking of ign's review. wow, what a well written and in depth review. one of the best reviews i have ever read. quite surprised by the quality of the writing and how it perfectly conveys what ds is all about. a really compelling reveiew and i'm not even a fan of demon souls/dark souls. there was another line in review stating at about 30 hrs in after making your way through the posinous swamplands you will be happy just seeing the sunlight again. qoutes like that made me feel like i was right there with reviewer playing the game with him. great stuff.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I think I've noticed a general quality increase over at IGN - they must have recruited several new reviewers over there or something, cause I've read some really smashing reviews there during the last few months.

They should disable the comments field though. Just get rid of it.

Last edited by Beamboom on 10/4/2011 542 AM

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

@boom yea ign has some of the worst comment posters on the web. Everyone is constantly insulting & flaming one another.

I'm gonna grab dark souls but won't be able to get into it right away. It really does take a ton of focus no nonsense when you play but the feeling of accomplishment is undeniable

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

So I have to score a game the same as other sites now?

...when did THAT rule come into effect? And I'm hardly the only one who loved Resistance 3; stop trying to state your opinion as fact.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Agreed...granted I never played RE3, but Demons SOuls is one of my top 5 games ever, so I'm pretty sure the sequel will be as epic...I still play Demons Souls. But after tommorrow...Demons Souls is being retired for obvious reasons

Last edited by FM23 on 10/4/2011 1254 AM

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

@Ben: That rule is in effect whenever you rate a game lower than another site. Never the opposite. You should know that by now. 😉

@Jack: R3 was not an average shooter. It was a good shooter. It was "just" a shooter, but as such it was one of the better ones. FPS games borrow a lot from each other, that's hardly anything new. While I personally find the 9.3 rating to be maybe a few notches higher than I would rate it myself, it still is a rock solid, beautiful production.

Last edited by Beamboom on 10/4/2011 424 AM

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

A shooter is a shooter is a shooter. They don't borrow from each other. The core gameplay is the same... shooting things.

What an unfair thing to say... The comparison doesn't even work.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I agree. The score for R3 was too high. But so what?

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

lmao...WTF! True though, that is the point of the game.

Last edited by FM23 on 10/4/2011 1202 AM

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I did no such thing. Try reading again.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

The good and the bad are the only sections considered in the score.

The Ugly is and always has been a more comical approach to the review. It's usually a commentary on how the game is perceived.... Ben's right. Read the whole thing and not just the stuff in BOLD.

I thought it was a fair and honest review with an excellent score.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I am, but not as much as others. I plan on mastering it.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I'm with FM23. My bro's getting Dark Souls and I'm going to get WKC2, he'll let me play it when he's at work which is cool, usually he gets a bit moody when it comes to me playing his games sometimes.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Not Ben LOL!

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 9
Share: