Clear all

F.E.A.R. 3 Review

38 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
JMO_INDY
 JMO_INDY
(@JMO_INDY)

Well describing a noob would be someone who is new at something, so it was relevant. You will also notice I owned up to it each time and I apologized accordingly for the outbursts, so really I don't care if you accept an apology not meant for you, because it's just that... not meant for you. Don't butt in on someone else's business, even if you are defending him, I apologized to HIM, so you should accept that fact and move on.

Posted : 22/06/2011 12:00 am
thj_1980
 thj_1980
(@thj_1980)

Yeah your right, but I had to respond to that last one.

Just that last one on your other post.

That's all I was trying to say.

Last edited by thj_1980 on 6/22/2011 8:16:18 AM

JMO_INDY
 JMO_INDY
(@JMO_INDY)

Fair enough... time we move on. No need to drag this out.

Nickjcal
 Nickjcal
(@Nickjcal)

I just ordered it today and got 20 bucks in Amazon credit. Goin for the championship in hockey nationals tomorrow so that's my reward. Being scared shitless when I get home haha

Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

World, I played it with a Nvidia 7800GT, Athlon XP 3500, and 2GB of RAM (a PC from like 5-6 years ago).
I'd imagine any relatively modern computer today with a $80-$100 graphics card could run it pretty nice.

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

thanks word, just wanted to make sure my trailer impressions were in line. I'd like to play it at a later date

Beamboom
 Beamboom
(@Beamboom)

How would you rate F1 compared to F2? I never got F1 cause it was too low on Gamerankings, but seeing how I love F2 (and, I'm sure, F3 too) I may want to get F1 too to complete the collection.

leatherface
 leatherface
(@leatherface)

Biker, as Frenchy17 mentioned above, Toys r us is having a buy 2 for $50 on selected games and F.E.A.R 3 is one of them. I'm gonna pick up L.A. Noire and Mortal Kombat! The selected games are Brink, F.3.A.R, Mortal Kombat, Call of Duty: Black Oops, L.A. Noire, and Portal. Sale ends this Sat.

BikerSaint
 BikerSaint
(@BikerSaint)

leatherface,

Thanks for the info, but I'm flat broke right now & my truck just died on me, so now it's costing me an unexpected $400 to replace the fuel pump inside the tank(second one in 12 months).

Ah what the hell......
If my unemployment check comes by this Fri or Sat, I'll just be late on another bill, and Fear3, Brink, COD, & probably Portal will be mine.

I really want LA Noire most of all off of that list but since I think it will become a GOTY version later on, then I'd rather just wait it out to get all the additional DLC for free.
And that's the same reason I've been waiting Red Dead Redemption out too, as I hate paying for extra DLC.

Beamboom
 Beamboom
(@Beamboom)

"Well, there’s a ton of ‘ugly,’ but that’s sorta the point." -> LOL!

I am *so* getting this one. This is one of the games this year I crossed my fingers for but did not dare to get my hopes too high. I *love* Fear 2, still playing it, but many times I've though
- "damn if this game only had coop so I could share these moments with a buddy".
Now with F3 I can!

/me do the happy dance

Last edited by Beamboom on 6/22/2011 2:06:56 AM

Lawless SXE
 Lawless SXE
(@Lawless SXE)

I played through the original, but never really enjoyed it for some reason. This actually really tempted me, but against Shadows of the Damned, I'm not really sure. I'd really like to try it out at some point though. I want scary.

And what you talking about a lull? You've got the Splinter Cell Trilogy out soon, that'll last a while, then Catherine and El Shaddai before the big ones start hitting again with Deus Ex. Lull indeed...
Peace.

Ben Dutka PSXE
 Ben Dutka PSXE
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

Yup. Lull. 😉

BikerSaint
 BikerSaint
(@BikerSaint)

John Carpenter and Steve Niles chat about F.E.A.R. 3

See the video here:

http://www.destructoid.com/john-carpenter-amnd-steve-niles-chat-about-f-e-a-r-3-203907.phtml

so, hows the horror factor?
is it a scary moody supernatural game like the original, or more of a mindless action game like fear 2?
the original scared the f*cking pants off of me!
everytime i saw a ladder i would cringe because i could see myself getting to the top, the camera dipping to show me leaving, then rising back up to see paxton sitting there staring at me.
or the maternity ward, where the room fills with blood then you turn around and alma is slowly walking towards ya.
that game was so freaking memorable, i can almost recite every minute of it!
only minute i can remember from fear 2 is when your fighting with that prick in a arms struggle and end up forcing his shotgun up to his chin and blowing his head off!
never has a game made me laugh so hard!
i want to believe its like the original, a moody atmospheric scary game, but i just cant.
every trailer i have seen, and the fact that theres no demo has screamed mindless action game to me!
not releasing till next week here, gotta love how they wait 1 day before release to delay a game!
oh well, gives me time to finish shadows and ape escape.
hope the latters not a crappy mini game compilation like ps move heros was!
almost pissed my pants when i saw my favorite mascots were returning in one game!
........ then i played the demo and saw it was a crappy mini game compilation.
🙁

bigrailer19
 bigrailer19
(@bigrailer19)

Does the local and online co-op campaign support 1-4 players or just the online competitive mp portion? I guess what I'm asking is howany friends can I play through the campaign with locally or online?

Page 2 / 3
Share: