Notifications
Clear all

inFamous 2 Review

129 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

You just actually have to use the thumb stick during your amp attacks, you can't just swing wildly.

Posted : 08/06/2011 12:00 am
(@maxpontiac)

After spending a few hours with this title and it's by far my GOTY thus far. An easy 9.5, so yes, I do not agree with the final score on PSX!

Cole does Spiderman the objects a bit, but the presentation is much more cinematic and the effects such explosions are greatly improved.

I got over the lack of the original voice actor for Cole after the first cut scene, so this a non issue to me.

The game is a blast, and as addictive (if not more) as the first, and right now, being at work is something I do not want to be doing!

(@TheHighlander)

"The game is a blast, and as addictive (if not more) as the first, and right now, being at work is something I do not want to be doing! "

Quoted For Truth.

An excellent review sir (no, I am not joking or being sarcastic, I'm perfectly serious). It encapsulates all that we really need to know. The game is a blast. It is as addictive as the first. And anyone that has the game and is not playing it, wants to be playing it instead of working.

Last edited by TheHighlander on 6/8/2011 11:11:05 AM

(@maxpontiac)

Funny thing is Highlander, my kids came out of their game room to watch me play for about an hour begging me to let them have a turn.

Of course I did, but it wasn't until I collected a few more blast shards and prevented a mugging or two!

(@jimmyhandsome)

Very well put. I'm at work too (sick, btw- please excuse any incoherent thoughts, as I'm all drugged up) and all I can think of is collecting blast shards and shimmying up a telephone pole, jumping onto a cable car wire, and sliding away.

i1 and i2 actually have a "tony hawk" feel to them, that its just plain fun to jump around, grind on something, and use your increased momentum to try to string together "tricks".

(@vicious54)

What? This game deserves a 9.5, jk.

Great review, I hope some of the issues will be patched, mostly the camera issue. I don't feel it is any more sticky than the first one but you can always press circle to disengage from anything. I don't mind the voice of new Cole
but I think the acting has been good so far.

Another fantastic PS3 exclusive!

(@Jawknee)

I've been playing the demo since last night(I'm still away from home, my retail copy is waiting for me) and based on the demo, I say this deserves no less than a 9. They improved the game in almost every way. Yea some pop in exists but isn't that a given for any open world game? I too feel like the climbing is "less sticky". I tested your "5 feet attachment" claim and I didn't feel as though it was still an issue. Feels improved to me. Anyway, I'm thrilled with it so far and can't wait to get home and play the retail version.

(@WorldEndsWithMe)

I agree with you, it IS an elite AAA game all around both technically and for enjoyment.

(@MyWorstNightmar)

Holy crap, a Jawknee sighting!

(@Jonesy555)

After complaining about not having gravely Cole voice earlier and playing the inFamous 2 demo, I actually like the new Cole voice.

(@WorldEndsWithMe)

Although Cole's personality isn't really in line with inFamous 1, I have to admit his Drake-inspired sarcasm is going over well with me.

(@Jawknee)

Me too.

(@MyWorstNightmar)

Imagine if ND tried pulling a move like changing Nathan Drakes voice? The SH1T with hit the fan!

I'm trying to get over the voice, and I think as the game progresses, it will become more of a non issue, but at the moment, all I can think when I hear him, is that is NOT Cole!

(@WorldEndsWithMe)

Yeah it dissipates as you realize how freaking addictive it is and you aren't at home but wanna go home to play, at that point you won't care about the voice.

(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

Geez, I can't give every PS3 exclusive a 9 just because. 😉

Page 7 / 9
Share: