Clear all

inFamous 2 Review

129 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

Nice review, can't really square it with the score. That would mean this game is worse than the first, I have trouble putting that together.

I haven't had much time with it but it's looking great so far. So good to be back and kicking ass. A couple camera issues aren't gonna hurt me and I like Cole's stickiness (that sounded bad). Not a fan of the voice but I'll get used to it.

Posted : 07/06/2011 12:00 am
Lawless SXE
 Lawless SXE
(@Lawless SXE)

You must remember that it isn't necessarily worse than the first. It's simply that gameplay mechanics have evolved around it and they may or may not stack up to today's more exacting standards.

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

Like I said I need to spend more time with it to be sure, but since there are no other games like this I don't know how they could have evolved so far in a couple years.

Lawless SXE
 Lawless SXE
(@Lawless SXE)

Fair point, but what about other parkour styled games, like MEdge, AC, (Brink) and the smoothness with which they play? Even the TPS mechanics can be judged. Or standard open world gameplay. Nothing may be exactly the same, but there are other games with similar elements.

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

I don't find AC smooth in any respect, but enough jibber jabber I'm gonna go play more. I wouldn't presume to argue with Ben's reviews overmuch.

Lawless SXE
 Lawless SXE
(@Lawless SXE)

I don't get to play it until next week... I'll argue as long as I can to stop you from doing so!

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

haha, you can't stop me! Uncharted 3 will be technically better, but this game is more fun imo.

Last edited by WorldEndsWithMe on 6/7/2011 11:07:14 PM

sirbob6
 sirbob6
(@sirbob6)

Nice review. Arnold's quote made me laugh. Sadly I can't really comment about the game because my copy is stuck in some depot about twenty miles away and will be waiting there until next Tuesday.

Sigh...

Oh, is there any Sasha at all? I must know!

Alienange
 Alienange
(@Alienange)

Was a fine review until I had to read that Arnold quote. Way to show disrespect to women in an Infamous 2 review. Was that the only analogy we could come up with? Personally I think we'd have gotten the point without our minds being dragged through the gutter.

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

That's the beauty of quoting someone else, you don't have to take responsibility for it.

godsdream
 godsdream
(@godsdream)

I'm looking very forward to this game, now that the review is up (insanely fast btw) I now want to buy it. I mean, that was a must buy for me when it was announced, because iNfamous 1 was great

tes37
 tes37
(@tes37)

I just arc restrained some bad guys in front of a Subway sandwich shop, but I didn't see Jared or I would've restrained him and stole his sandwich.

Teddie9
 Teddie9
(@Teddie9)

Good score, maybe just maybe I'll be able to get past that actor.

Tee hee, Arnold's logic is flawless - I love you Ben but where the hell is Mr.Katayev (i think that's his last name..been so long)

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

Got to report back, I'm still not far but it's feeling like an easy 9 so far. Everything's smooth as butter including the amp, Cole is definitely less sticky, faster, the bounciness helps if you don't fight it and so far everything's improved over the first game.

Love it, just saw the "Uncharted Love" lettering up at the theatre, hah.

Last edited by WorldEndsWithMe on 6/7/2011 11:44:08 PM

Beamboom
 Beamboom
(@Beamboom)

Interesting. Here I thought the stickyness were less apparent in the demo for i2. It must just have been me who was more prepared for it, expecting it to be sticky in the first place.
Look forward to play it!

Page 3 / 9
Share: