Clear all

inFamous 2 Review

129 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

The inside of the messenger bag smells GREAT.

Posted : 07/06/2011 12:00 am
Shams
 Shams
(@Shams)

If you're aim was to make me jealous, well, you succeeded.

But wow, release day patches ftl. Jk. No sweat off my brow. It's a heavy one, though, weighing in at 107MB. I'm wondering what's it for?

tes37
 tes37
(@tes37)

I think you only get one shot at continuing the story, because I didn't choose that. After moving my save files to +storage, deleting them from my drive and starting a new file, the option to continue never came back up when I restarted the game. I guess once you earn a trophy it's too late. Oh well, I'm having a blast regardless.

I'm not digging the voice either, although it seems like it gets a little deeper sound after the introduction.

I liked Arnold's analogy.

Last edited by tes37 on 6/7/2011 10:02:19 PM

MyWorstNightmar
 MyWorstNightmar
(@MyWorstNightmar)

If you choose to start a new game versus continuing a game, does the opening sequence change? What is the benefit of continuing a saved game? Anything other than keeping your bad karma status from the first game?

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

You start with extra health and experience and stuff.

tes37
 tes37
(@tes37)

I would have to be able to try both ways to answer that, but it wouldn't let me. Sorry, I don't know if the beginning sequence changes or not.

I am liking that sling pack, although I haven't sniffed mine like World did, LOL, the Sly Cooper logo on it was a surprise. I couldn't tell from the pictures on the web that it was there.

MyWorstNightmar
 MyWorstNightmar
(@MyWorstNightmar)

Hmmmmm, now wondering exactly how many more minutes until Tes sniffs said bag?

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

haha, well when I broke open the box that new game smell filled the room, same with the game case, so while I was doing a review of the extra content for Titan Reviews I inspected the bag thoroughly and even sniffed the sucker. Didn't mention that in my review though, most of my weirdness is reserved for PSXE.

tes37
 tes37
(@tes37)

I still haven't done it yet. But I'll let you know if I cave in.

cLoudou
 cLoudou
(@cLoudou)

The new smell is guaranteed to give you a stiffy.

Claire C
 Claire C
(@Claire C)

Really enjoyed the first Infamous, and based on the demo, I shall enjoy the sequel as well.

New Orleans? What a brilliant place to model an open world environment around. Love the setting.

PS: I like Coles scraggly new voice.

=^.^=

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

I prefer his scraggly old voice.

Lawless SXE
 Lawless SXE
(@Lawless SXE)

Oh, Nyarlens... All I can say is that it's refreshing to see a game based on something other than LA and NY. Someone should make a list of all the cities that are underappreciated in gaming and then force certain developers to set their games there. Imagine the possibilities...

Also, every time I think of New Orleans, I think if calling someone 'The Big Easy'... Not intended towards you Claire.

Claire C
 Claire C
(@Claire C)

Not on a Tuesday night anyways. 😉

And you're extra correct about NYC.

big6
 big6
(@big6)

How does it compare to the demo?
I thought the climbing felt a bit "detached" and the jumping a bit too "floaty" in the demo... I'm hoping that is somehow fixed for the final game.

Though neither are deal breakers, I just wish they hadn't messed with it, cuz the original climbing and jumping wasn't broken.

Page 2 / 9
Share: