Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Haha, thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2011 12:00 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

i think title of the industries most overrated game would have to go to this!
i loved the original, pacific rift was even better!
this though you could not pay me 50M bucks to waste my time on!
the controls are f*cked, the cars control a mix between sim and arcade, crashes are impossible to avoid, its so unbalanced you can be in front by almost a lap, crash once and come last!
3D support was pretty disappointing too, pacific 3D rift was 10 times better!
then what was suppose to be the games strong point, the falling buildings end up being its down point!
allot of the time buildings will come down willy nilly, the camera will take control away to watch the building, then give it back to you 2 milli seconds before you slam into a wall!
so you caused me to crash, i lost a race, and now i have to redo the race because of your f*ck up?
F*CK THAT!
allot of the jumps are poorly placed too, almost every time i hit a ramp it threw me into a obstacle.
how am i suppose to know which ramp will hurl me into a sign, and which one wont?
it is nigh on impossible to do a single race without crashing!
worst racing game ive played in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time!

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I only ever played the demos of MStorm and Pacific Rift, but I played them dozens, if not hundreds of times each, and I don't recall going a single race without crashing or overboosting and blowing whatever vehicle I was racing to smithereens. Control of the vehicles was always a blend of the more intricate on ground control of a sim, with a very arcadey acceleration and airborne system, and unless I'm very much mistaken the series has been hammered since Day 1 because of the balancing issues and rubber band AI.

Adding to that, and it was always advertised that the destruction would be random, adding a real element of surprise into the races, and I remember seeing quite a few videos in which the camera pulled away from the race to show off the destruction and the player stuffing up because of it. I guess what I'm raving about is that you really should have expected most of the things that you're complaining about.
Peace.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

You always have a problem with something, that's no surprise.

First I believe it had to do something with Uncharted 2's controls saying it was bad and clunky..

You had some good positive posts but it seems to be more negative than positive these past few days..

If it'll make you feel better I'll bake a cake for you. 😉

Last edited by Clamedeus on 5/17/2011 607 AM

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

If you took your medication more often, you wouldn't suck at these games.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

ben, seriously how old are you?
for once can you answer a question without insulting me?
i feel like im talking to a freaking preschooler!
O, and while were on the subject i take medication daily.
horse radish and garlic, vitamin B, and cod liver and oil to starve off colds.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

You didn't ask a question. And in your wild rantings, you insult people constantly.

You also continually post your opinion as if it's universal fact, which is getting annoying.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

"starve off" colds? Perhaps you should eat more, it would help you stave off colds more effectively than starving them off can.

😉

Petty I know, but I *had* to do it.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Dude, you shouldn't be complaining about how Ben insults you all the time. You bring it on yourself with your incessant and completely negative rants about everything.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Great game. I'm actually glad they added the story mode. It might not be the greatest but who doesn't like some kind of story to immerse yourself into?

I love racers and I love rally. And no game does off road rally better than Motorstorm!

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

The story is apocalypse is something I don't think anyone can immerse thselves in. You'd have a better chance of that on cartoon network.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Is the AI better than Pacific Rift? I hated the rubber-band difficulty and how the AI would cheat. I'd very much like to play Apocalypse, but not if the AI is the same as PR.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Eh...they don't really seem to cheat, but they're crazy aggressive.

The environment will cause you to crash just as often as your opponents.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I played some races on pro first time trying this game out and came in first most of the time on the first try. I didn't try Hardcore/Veteran or w/e that last difficulty is called xD.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

It's plenty easy on Rookie, which is where you start.

Things get iffy in the higher difficulties.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: