Clear all

Mortal Kombat Review

53 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
BTNwarrior
 BTNwarrior
(@BTNwarrior)

I agree, MK chess was by far my favorite variation of MK and it was only available in deception.

Posted : 21/04/2011 12:00 am
tridon
 tridon
(@tridon)

Exactly! MK Chess was awesome! Puzzle Kombat and Mortal Karbat were both super fun, too! This is the kinda of stuff that I'm going to miss. I know this title is all about bringing it back to the roots and I'm sure I'll love it but I will miss all those fun changes and additions that the second trilogy had. I honestly loved the gameplay in MK Vs. DC. Sure it wasn't bloody like MK should be but the actual gameplay was crazy-fun! The game was just too bare bones, though. No fun additives at all. Oh, well... I'm going to keep crossing my fingers for all the MKs to be re-released as HD collections. That'd be a flawless victory! 😉

Scarecrow
 Scarecrow
(@Scarecrow)

Fighter of the year! Great review Ben, it's a solid fighter and does an amazing job with keeping you interested and trying out new things. The stages are just amazing, I dare say they're some of the best I've seen in a fighter so far.

The inputs are a bit weird but hey if it's not too off it's ok. At least the series is back to how it should be.

Time for kombat!

Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

Aside from DOA4's very large and interactive backgrounds, MK's stages are second to none in detail and overall activity and energy. Many of them are exciting to look at and it'd cool to have something like them as a XMB dynamic theme. Except for that sickening stage with the gutted women. ugh, this game has nearly made me want to not play it because of how disgusting it can be. I know MK is gory, but this game is so detailed it's almost makes me nauseous.

kraygen
 kraygen
(@kraygen)

I'm not a big fighter fan, but nostalgia makes me happy that they have finally made a modern gen MK that stacks up to the MK's of old.

Looking Glass
 Looking Glass
(@Looking Glass)

Lame story you say? Well, if true it's not really surprising. With the notable exception of the Blazblue franchise the fighting game genre is often lacking in this area, especially when compared to other genres.

Even so I'll probably buy this title eventually. It's definitely going to be good to break lose with Kratos again.

RobiinzZ
 RobiinzZ
(@RobiinzZ)

Looking forward to playing this soon, loved the classic style they have bought back with this game.

Great review Ben 🙂

sooooooooooooooooo pissed i have to wait another 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, god knows how many more weeks to play this!
australia, the land of the free!
the land where the government can tell you which games you can, and cant play!
the country where you can be fined up to 100 thousand dollars for importing a banned game!
yup, the land of the free alright!

PharaohJR
 PharaohJR
(@PharaohJR)

damn... i want to visit australia always been fascinated with the culture but hearing that make me reconsider. how yal deal with tha herb?

id recommend against it, everythings so overpriced here!
for example a friend and i went out for lunch on saturday, had 2 pizzas and 2 cokes each.
cost us 80 bucks.
when i was in Hawaii we ordered entries, main and desert and it cost us roughly the same!
mind you the place we went to on sat was a cafe, the place we went to in Hawaii was a top of the line Italian restraunt!
taxis, hotels, food, even events.
on my Bday i was taken out for a helli tour for a hour.
cost us 300 per person!
a 1 hour tour in sydney choppers is closer to triple that!
very nice place to visit, but only if your a multimillionaire!

PharaohJR
 PharaohJR
(@PharaohJR)

8.5 thats good i thought yal would give it a 9. waiting on my money to bounce back but this will be in my ps3.

PAKINIPS
 PAKINIPS
(@PAKINIPS)

Girls like this game

slugga_status
 slugga_status
(@slugga_status)

I think this review sums it up very well. There's definitely a slight delay in doing the combos though. Especially with characters like Kung Lao. You can end up trying to do one combo..but your fingers are moving so fast that the game doesn't register it..I found that slowing myself down helped in that regard.

Only disagreement I have was with the story mode. It wasn't that bad. For fans of the series it was kind of nostalgic going back to the first tournament. The cut scenes didn't look the best but kept me into the story. The ending really had me ready for more...but that could be the fan in me...

BeezleDrop
 BeezleDrop
(@BeezleDrop)

Ah ha! Mr. blank line is an Aussie! I knew it! As for the review, nicely done. The demo actually really surprised me especially since it's running on Unreal. I'm glad it can be fun to some degree, I thought the x-ray moves were neat.

Last edited by BeezleDrop on 4/21/2011 10:47:16 AM

Ogibillm
 Ogibillm
(@Ogibillm)

i recognize that there are deficiencies in the game... but i'll be damned if it's not just a hell of a lot of fun.

there's something about doing the ladder that just takes me back and can't be beat.

Page 3 / 4
Share: