Clear all

Mortal Kombat Review

53 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
BTNwarrior
 BTNwarrior
(@BTNwarrior)

so how does kratos stack up compared to the other fighters?

Posted : 20/04/2011 12:00 am
Qwarktast1c
 Qwarktast1c
(@Qwarktast1c)

his moves are a bit slower, but if you execute the right ones you can totally own the other fighter

tridon
 tridon
(@tridon)

I can never understand why people dislike the last generation's trilogy so bad. I've LOVED Mortal Kombat right from the very beginning but I can honestly say that my favourite MK title to date is Mortal Kombat: Deception. I just loved every single thing about that game; the 3D environments and fighting, the Krypt, Konquest... it was all a blast! Looking forward to the new MK, though! It looks amazing!

Qwarktast1c
 Qwarktast1c
(@Qwarktast1c)

i hear ya man. the last trilogy was a blast! Deception was the best 3D MK date (this new one is the best 2D). I really enjoyed konquest too

anyways, you should definitely pick this one up. worth every penny! 🙂

Douchebaguette
 Douchebaguette
(@Douchebaguette)

The voice acting is meant to be iffy. It's one of the key features that makes MK an MK game.

--------

Sony: "The Black Dragon died with Kano; you're the last one, Jarek."

Jarek: NNEVUUURRR! *Falls* "I'M-SO-GGAAAYYYYYY..."

-------------

MMHMMM HM MHM HM MH MHM HM HM....

ace_boon_coon
 ace_boon_coon
(@ace_boon_coon)

Yeah, SF is pretty cheap also. Seth is one of the cheapest bosses ever.

Posted : 21/04/2011 12:00 am
Shams
 Shams
(@Shams)

I'm no MK fan, but Baraka from MK2 was my favorite, as well. His sleek animations, speedy blades, vicious fatalities and hellish appearance made him my favorite. I wish they kept his form, because in later MK's (which I didn't play), they bulked him up, and slowed him down.

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

I agree, he was better as a skinny monster. The women had some chub on them too, now they sport creepy six-packs.

Shams
 Shams
(@Shams)

Lol. I know, right? Freakin' trannies from hell. At least they were endowed with hips. I remember earlier female characters, with the exception of Sonia, looked like they were made from male figures.

PharaohJR
 PharaohJR
(@PharaohJR)

WTF hell naw bredren...baraka man u kno its bout sub or raiden. naw im fooling baraka lethal in the right hands.

bigrailer19
 bigrailer19
(@bigrailer19)

Man I don't know whats got into you. I used to see eye to eye with you on a lot of subjects. Now most the things you say, really make me wonder if _________ stole your acct. No really though, I understand people have preferences but this surely is am excellent reboot for the series. The review here that Ben gave is a good example of why it's such a great reboot.

gumbi
 gumbi
(@gumbi)

"throw away game" !?!?

Ben... FINISH HIM!!!

I kid I kid, to each his own. It's all a matter of opinion.

ace_boon_coon
 ace_boon_coon
(@ace_boon_coon)

Throw away? Have you played MK? It's really good. 8.5 is about the perfect score.

Last edited by ace_boon_coon on 4/21/2011 1:51:59 PM

Alienange
 Alienange
(@Alienange)

What does Gameranking and Metacritic really have to do with your score though? Those same sources are showing Shift 2 at 81%. Didn't stop you from telling us the game was a turd.

A fighter like MK needs to be slick and responsive because that's all it has besides some flashy graphics. When you tell me a fighter, a FIGHTER, has a "slight lack of responsiveness" with "split-second delays" and "infuriating" balancing issues, sorry, that doesn't scream 8.5 for a simple fighter. If a fighting game fails in the controls, it just plain fails. And I believe that should be reflected in a critics score.

Ben Dutka PSXE
 Ben Dutka PSXE
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

I think you need to re-read the review and look up the definition of "slight."

That's all I can say.

Page 2 / 4
Share: