kellett007
 kellett007
(@kellett007)

thanks for the clarification temjin

Posted : 24/03/2011 12:00 am
Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

Thanks for clarifying that Ben. But I do have a question. Why do you choose to do it that way? Wouldn't it be less confusing to just rate all PS3 games against the standard of whats out there for the system? That way people don't get the wrong idea and could clearly tell that PS3 exclusives do rate higher for graphics etc because, well, generally, they are better looking, you know?
Anyway, not that it's a big deal. A few hundredths of a point wouldn't appear to mean much and I tend to value the text of a review more than the actual points.

Beamboom
 Beamboom
(@Beamboom)

Nice site you got there, but one word of advice:
Auto audio playback on websites is a no-no. Damn, that Crysis-video on your front page slammed in my ears here, speakers on far too loud and me totally unprepared.

Audio should *always* be muted by default, with option to turn it on.
Just a friendly advice. Other than that, the site looks mighty fine!

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

I should have a word with the owner about that. It annoys me too. The only thing in this mean old world I know how to do is write.

Last edited by WorldEndsWithMe on 3/24/2011 2:40:31 AM

Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

No, Ben, it's TOTES crazay-zay.

KZ3 froze HEAPS on me.
just saying.......
KZ3 is not the polished gem everyone would have you believe!

sawao_yamanaka
 sawao_yamanaka
(@sawao_yamanaka)

Was that right after you got rid of it? Yea didnt think so!

Kevin555
 Kevin555
(@Kevin555)

Not to disillusion anyone's fanboy bias but i can't say i came across any mysterious invisible holes trapping me from movement in Killzone 3, although i do recall the game freezing on me a few times during the campaign.

Just sayin....

Yes, believe it or not, Killzone 3 & every other game on the market is also prone to some glitches be it once in a life time freezes or any other rare bug that pops up in one's experience. Crazy i know, even PS3 exclusives get glitches. What the!??

*Cues the thumbs downs*

I eat downed thumbs for breakfast.

Good review & surprising score. I'll give it a look on the PC.

Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

LOL! Yeah Cowpatty! I thought you got rid of it the first week!

And you ALWAYS seem to have freezing problems with games most people love!! You REALLY need to do one of the following:

-Reformat your HDD
-Stop that kangaroo from jumping up and down next to the table your PS3 is on, or
-Stop bullsh!ting us

I can guarantee at least one of those things is your problem.

RadioHeader
 RadioHeader
(@RadioHeader)

"I eat downed thumbs for breakfast." Hahahaha

You should raid _____________'s kitchen. Free breakfasts 4 life!

what, so a games not allowed to freeze during the first few hours of playthrough?
come on, you cant be that shortsighted!

Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

Most software fails on occasion. A freeze or two doesn't bother me too much. What does bother me is consistant freezing. To me that indicates a real problem. And chances are, if an incredibly small percentage of people regularly experience freezing (anything under 5% or so), then to me that indicates a problem on my end in one way or another.

When a substantial amount of people experience problems, say 30%, then to me that indicates a design flaw. KZ3 is in the 5% or less of frequent issues. In other words, I don't doubt some people have problems, but it's likely either an issue with their HDD or a defect in their disk.

Multiplats often have issues. Not all multiplats, but many. AC:B's screen-tearing, for example. I still love that game, but to me, it's failure is a design flaw. Same with Black Ops. Many people seem to experience issues with the online play or getting stuck on a map in SP. To me, that is a design flaw.

And Cowpatty... your response contradicts your earlier statement.

Jawknee
 Jawknee
(@Jawknee)

Kevin if you want to have a civil discussion cool it with the fanboy pejorative or get lost. Your attitude and self righteousness is getting old.

Ben Dutka PSXE
 Ben Dutka PSXE
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

Kevin, the entire world knows exclusives have less technical issues that multiplats. I'm SURE KZ3 is just as glitchy as Black Ops, right?

See how much we'll lie to ourselves for the sake of sounding unbiased?

hiverious
 hiverious
(@hiverious)

I noticed the audio in KZ3 had a tendency to loop randomly at times during gameplay for me and that the cut scenes lacked bass. The game did freeze on me once as well and for some reason I feel it is less refined than KZ2 was.

Multiplayer has been fine for me, though I was playing with a friend once and he was on top of the scoreboard with a score of 0 kills and then the game froze on him at the end of the round.

It does have its issues, but it is still a very fun game to play. I hope Crysis 2 won't be brought down by its glitches.

Page 4 / 8
Share: