Lawless SXE
 Lawless SXE
(@Lawless SXE)

I said I'd buy it... Chill.

Posted : 17/03/2011 12:00 am
Kiryu
 Kiryu
(@Kiryu)

@lawless sorry just upset over ben's horrible review!

Lawless SXE
 Lawless SXE
(@Lawless SXE)

Don't worry lad. We all get a bit hot under the collar now again, but to call the review horrible is going a bit far, don't you think? I wonder what you'll say to me when I post my inevitable user review if it doesn't agree with you.

Last edited by Lawless SXE on 3/17/2011 4:21:50 AM

Kiryu
 Kiryu
(@Kiryu)

The thing is how can u give a Excellent game a 8.1?I can play this game for a whole year no get bored!
Story,Gameplay,Graphics,Voice Acting,Music are all top notch!
I played this game which came out a year ago in Japanese and instantly realized this is the ultimate Gaming Experience!
I just can't believe this reviewer!

Lawless SXE
 Lawless SXE
(@Lawless SXE)

Excellence, clearly, is subjective. There are some that say CoD is simply the pinnacle of gaming. Others will say Halo, Uncharted, MGS, FF. You say Yakuza. Personal preference can't be faulted. No doubt that they're all fantastic, but they appeal to different people, and Yakuza is no different. It simply won't resonate with certain people, for whatever reason.
Peace.

Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

How do you give an "excellent game" an 8.1?

Easy.

8.1 is a pretty excellent score once you shed the fandom.

GuyverLT
 GuyverLT
(@GuyverLT)

@Kiryu

You're mad at Ben because he gave it a 8.1????????
Some reviewers like ign gave 6.5 and lower. So I'd say Ben was being pretty fair.

Ludicrous_Liam
 Ludicrous_Liam
(@Ludicrous_Liam)

Kiryu,

Take 3 deep breaths.

Okay, done? YAKUZA SUCKS.

RAGEEEEEEE

haha XD

Kiryu
 Kiryu
(@Kiryu)

hahahaha

Yeah i'm taking deep breaths
phew

YAKUZA ROCKS!

Simcoe
 Simcoe
(@Simcoe)

Sounds like someone here is a Applications Engineer for Sega's CS1 Team. 😉

But seriously Kiryu, I'm quite sure that your passion for this franchise (on this board at least) has itself moved a few copies of this game and made new fans out of those who never would have given it a second thought.

Scarecrow
 Scarecrow
(@Scarecrow)

Great game. Don't care about the score. The review itself was great.

Kiryu, scores are meaningless, don't worry about it.

Kiryu
 Kiryu
(@Kiryu)

Seriously i don't care about the score cause i will buy this game no matter what but other people seeing this review will realize that this game is avg and don't give this game a try that's my worry!
This series is the most underrated series in US Gaming history!
I want the games to sell well because they deserve it!and i need the other spin off's to come out in english cause they r also great!

the thing is when i want to play a game on the PS3 if i have only Uncharted 3 and Yakuza 4 i will surely play both cause both are top notch on all fronts!

Last edited by Kiryu on 3/17/2011 10:26:24 AM

Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

Anyone who sees a score like 8.1 and decides it's not good enough is clearly missing out on most excellent games. There aren't many 9+'s out there.

AcHiLLiA
 AcHiLLiA
(@AcHiLLiA)

I played the demo last night and it seemed pretty cool. Someone tell me which games out of 4 r the one's important to play, storywise?

Kiryu
 Kiryu
(@Kiryu)

Yakuza 1 with Japanese voices shows how Kiryu Kazuma became a legend!
Yakuza 2 follows the legend with a new powerful adversary and gives a little more back story of Kiryu Kazuma!
Yakuza 3 he goes back to his orphanage he grew up with his friends from the first Yakuza Yumi and Nishki and gets pulled back into his life of crime!
Yakuza 4 has 4 characters Akiyama Shun,Saegima Taiga,Tanimura Masayoshi and the legend Kiryu Kazuma get caught in a mystery of a murder incident that happened years ago and enemies are out for revenge and it's also connected to the explosion that happened in the end of the first game!
I say Yakuza 3 is the only game with an ok story but all other three are epic storylines!
I highly recommend playing the 1st one in Japanese by referring Gamefaqs walkthrough!

Last edited by Kiryu on 3/17/2011 12:31:28 PM

Page 4 / 5
Share: