This made my YLOD a bit easier.

I love your passion!

Posted : 17/03/2011 12:00 am
Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

Kiryu said, "NOt a 8.1
Atleat a 9 would've been great
Music,U only care about kiryu and camera were ur reasons to give it a 8.1?
Wht did u mean when u said extra stuff can infringe on the main plot!"

Ah, I see... so you only read the good, bad, and ugly part of the review. lol

Kiryu, I doubt many people would agree that it should be a 9. Perhaps for a better reference, you should look up many other games that received similar scores, like FFXIII.

8.1 hardly means it's bad. To be a 9, you have to pretty much be genre or console defining. A game in the 8's tells me it's a great game, but not console defining.

What the heck is wrong with that? Look at what other sites are giving the game... you should be thanking Ben. lol

Kiryu
 Kiryu
(@Kiryu)

@underdog15

Not console defining?What other World Roaming game can u tell me which has soo much depth to the things u can do,gameplay,and story?
What do u mean when u say console defining?
There is no other 3rd party publisher who has used the power of the PS3 in such excellent way except for MGS4!But comparing this to games like MGS4 there is lot more stuff going on!
Final Fantasy 13 has nothing on the Yakuza games,I can understand the review for ff13 cause it is an RPG!But the yakuza games are not only RPG,they are combat games with toms of minigames and 100's of other gameplay mechanics for all the mini games and side missions!
It's not ur standard JRPG Story!Each game is a real life mystery!

Last edited by Kiryu on 3/17/2011 1:05:23 PM

Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

I'm not convinced. Mind you, I haven't played Yakuza 4 yet, obviously, but based on my experience with Yakuza 3, I expected 4 to be in the low 8 high 7's.

But what do I know as an unbiased person who is indifferent to the Yakuza games?

I stand by what I say when I said 8.1 is a great score.

im really disappointed with this.
the series has just stagnated!
has not evolved one bit since the original came out!
i mean text boxes?
in 2011!?
come on!
theres far too much recycled from yakuza 3, this honestly feels like yakuza 3 with new missions thats it!
i was really hoping this would be a modernized yakuza, but sega have left this in the 18th century!
thing that hurt most is the story.
thats the only thing holding this series together, loose that and the series is dead!
i really enjoyed 3s story, but this is just thrown at you with nothing stitching it together.
your constantly chucked from character to character with really no link to them.
why am i being chucked from one character to the other?
what do they have to do with each other, and the overall story?
just feels far too rushed, feels like they took yakuza 3, took the story out of someones bin, and stuck it together with saliva.
its dripping all over the place, and falling to pieces!

Kiryu
 Kiryu
(@Kiryu)

Hasn't evolved since he first one came out!Can u tell me where u live so that i can come and play all the games from 1 to 4 and ask u where there is no evolving in each game?
Yakuza series is the game in the entire world in which each entry everything is changed and evolved so much and these games are released each year!
Admit u haven't even played through even one Yakuza game.Even if u played them u haven't spent time on them more than 2 to 3 hrs!
Can u please tell me where u live cause i can come there and bloody kill u u liar!

JSwayze
 JSwayze
(@JSwayze)

HAHA @ "disappointed"

right the game has evolved.
thats why 4 has pretty much the same graphics?
same moves?
hell all the finishing moves are the same as 3.
the only thing thats different is the story, and missions thats about it!
new missions, and new story does not a new game make.
go read IGNs review.

Kiryu
 Kiryu
(@Kiryu)

The city now has multiple levels like goig underground inside metros and go near the harbours and Yakuza games the story changes then also the boss battles change so even the set piece or the local changes do u understand?
Missions are also different!
There so may new Special moves in Yakuza 2 that u didn't even see in Yakuza 3,Yakuza 4 has 3 new characters which have different special moves and combat styles!
The missions are also different what else could u ask for in a game u idiot?

Oxvial
 Oxvial
(@Oxvial)

No link to them? NO LINK TO THEM? play the damn game I just played the first 2 chapters and Akiyama does mention of Kazuma and he even meets and have a talk with Tanimura (the police character)in a very important part of the plot.

Seriously stop reading IGN and their crap.

Last edited by Oxvial on 3/17/2011 11:03:10 AM

Oxvial
 Oxvial
(@Oxvial)

LOL I'm playing the game and atm Y4>Y3 plot wise,orphanage plot was okay for once but good thing Akiyama isn't into those things.

Til now Akiyama is being a good character hope the other two don't disappoint me.

Kiryu
 Kiryu
(@Kiryu)

saegima taiga the big yakuza is one of the main characters in Yakuza 4!

Lawless SXE
 Lawless SXE
(@Lawless SXE)

Well, I wasn't expecting spectacular, but above average is certainly enough for me. Yakuza 4 (and three if I can find a copy and it's going for a good price) will be mine next week when I go to see The Waifs! Seriously, I'm more amped for that concert than I have ever been for any game (with the possible exception of iF2).

Anyway, looking forward to seeing why this series is considered a cult classic, but I'll remember to keep my expectations in check. Thanks for confirming my purchase decision Ben.
Peace.

Kiryu
 Kiryu
(@Kiryu)

Trust me do not read reviews and go play the goddamn game!
This game is Spectacular!

JSwayze
 JSwayze
(@JSwayze)

Yes, just buy the game. Odds are that you'll enjoy it

Page 3 / 5
Share: