Clear all

Yakuza 4 Review

71 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
johnld
 johnld
(@johnld)

i played the yakuza 3 demo, didnt really like it. then i played the game and loved it. same as i did with valkyria chronicles. i love beating the hell of people especially with heat moves using weapons.

if you're looking for deals, best buy has is for 40. kmart has it for 60 but you get about 13 buck in points back plus yakuza 3. yakuza 3 is 15 bucks at kmart right now too.

Posted : 16/03/2011 12:00 am
Oxvial
 Oxvial
(@Oxvial)

Yakuza 3 demo is what you should expect of the game, plus bunch of side quests and minigames, also underground tournaments,it looks like now you can also coach a cage fighter, I'm not sure I still dont play it but watched some videos.

But yes the Y3 demo show the core of the game.

There are guns in the game, but they are kinda rare.

Last edited by Oxvial on 3/16/2011 10:56:04 PM

johnld
 johnld
(@johnld)

yakuza 3 demo only shows combat really, nothing else. cant really judge a game just from that.

johnld
 johnld
(@johnld)

i just got my copy from yesterday but i decided to platinum yakuza 3 first since i got it for free. i cant wait for the hostess bars and sexy onsen ping pong, hahaha.

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

I will get it later on when I have time. I love the whole atmosphere, too bad the subtitles keep pulling you out of it.

Cue the Yakuza-avatar member to start talking about how fantastic Japanese voice overs are...

johnld
 johnld
(@johnld)

just looking at the english subtitles makes me apprehensive of what an actual english dub would be. i started yakuza 3 over on hard mode and the japanese voices/dialogs fit perfectly but their "translation" in the subtitles or the words they used were hit or miss. i'm actually surprised they didnt use a lot of f bombs in the subtitles. kinda like subtitles because i am also learning japanese from the game. i know its not practical, hahaha learning japanese from a yakuza figure, but i still like it. only thing i want is that they make the subtitles actually pop and be readable. i mean whats the point of putting in subtitles that you cant read because it gets lost in the background.

kinda reminds me of the time i saw gurren laggan in english, main character was saying "big bro" alot which got stupid. direct translation wont really flow but rewriting it just looses the idea's orginal appeal. i cant really describe it. another anime i watched said "elder sister" alot. i just got annoyed.

Last edited by johnld on 3/17/2011 2:51:54 AM

Posted : 17/03/2011 12:00 am
Kiryu
 Kiryu
(@Kiryu)

U only care about Kiryu Kazuma that's ur reason for not liking the game.Are u kidding me Nathan Drake,Kratos,Cole Magrath or any other hero doesn't compare to the Epicness of Kiryu Kazuma!,Akiyama shun is a great character and also Taiga Saejima is also an important character to the story .In the end you will understand!
Yakuza 4 has an Epic Story better than the first two and Kiryu does have a big part in the Story!
Even if this is th last Yakuza in the story of the series i was impressed at the plot and a great ending to the Series!
Yakuza 4 the things u can do,it's like Yakuza 3 on crack!
Ben i feel sorry for you for not playing the First two in Japanese!These games have the most engaging plots in the history of video games!
I don't know how much u played yakuza 4 cause Kiryu Kazuma comes after the introduction of the other characters!
I officially hate u for giving this game a 8.1 u suck ben.Really i respected u but u disappointed me this time!
Don't hear this guy people buy the game trust me it's better than GTA or Final Fantasy Story wise,things to do,and combat wise!
PS3 Exclusive!The Graphics are Top Notch by taking into account the amount of things u can do in the city!
Kiryu Kazuma Forever!
Music doesn't have much impact r u bloody kidding me!Yakuza series has some of the best soundtracks in Videogames!
Let me give u a link to the sound track u can hear on Youtube!
Yakuza 1,2,3,4 OST
watch?v=iIhrco9PYjk&feature=channel_video_title

This is not GTA this is a whole new genre!

Last edited by Kiryu on 3/17/2011 12:13:23 AM

dude!
chillax!
your making it sound like he just raped your baby!
im sorry, but the whole point of yakuza is the story, and this has more plot holes then Swiss cheese!

Lawless SXE
 Lawless SXE
(@Lawless SXE)

Wow... If we didn't already know that you are arguably the world's biggest Yakuza fan, we certainly do now. But man, Ben isn't the only one that's given it a review score in this range. In fact, most reviews are similar. Blind belief is good in some instances, but you must always look at the shortcomings, and yes, every game has them, even Yakuza.
Peace.

Kiryu
 Kiryu
(@Kiryu)

@unknown
Plot holes what in the hell are u taking about?it's a whole new story in every Yakuza!
Yakuza 4's story is top notch!u haven't even completed the game?What plot holes r u talking about u sob?

Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

How does an 8.1 indicate he didn't like the game? And I'm pretty sure he gave far more reasons for negativity beyond the Kazuma reason.

constantly flicking from character to character, and there not linked to the end.
its like heavy rain, you have all these characters interacting but you never really get them linked.
they made a massive mistake with this, they should of just kept us with the main character.
the story is whats keeping this series together, its whats made people put up with the outdated rest of the game, but this has a really poor story so it has nothing holding it up.
SEGA really need to bring this into the 2011 standard for games!
3 and 4 feel like ps2 games on the ps3, which is a real shame because the series is so unique, done properly it could be so good.

Ben Dutka PSXE
 Ben Dutka PSXE
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

If you want to give every Yakuza game a 10, that's your business. And please don't attack everyone who doesn't believe Yakuza 4 is the greatest game ever made.

If you want to scream at someone, go over to IGN. They gave it a 6.5.

Last edited by Ben Dutka PSXE on 3/17/2011 8:56:22 AM

Kiryu
 Kiryu
(@Kiryu)

@ben
NOt a 8.1
Atleat a 9 would've been great
Music,U only care about kiryu and camera were ur reasons to give it a 8.1?
Wht did u mean when u said extra stuff can infringe on the main plot!

Last edited by Kiryu on 3/17/2011 10:30:41 AM

Oxvial
 Oxvial
(@Oxvial)

The funny thing is that blank line is making you look good no matter how bad your rant was.

And yes better go to IGN your rant would make more sense in that place.

Page 2 / 5
Share: