Ben Dutka PSXE
 Ben Dutka PSXE
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

Yeah, fixed.

Posted : 20/02/2011 12:00 am
Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

and while you're making edits Ben, it's been two years since KZ2's release, not three =)

Ben Dutka PSXE
 Ben Dutka PSXE
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

Thanks, but that's just the tip of the iceberg...just the tip.....

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

I remember Ben's audio interview a while back, that was fun.

Shams
 Shams
(@Shams)

Hm, somehow I missed that, World. Was taken during '09? Because I was overseas most of the year, and missed out quite a bit of psxextreme.

AcHiLLiA
 AcHiLLiA
(@AcHiLLiA)

yah that and Uncharted.

Ben Dutka PSXE
 Ben Dutka PSXE
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

It's not the same as the cover system in KZ2, and I don't review games on the hardest difficulty...because about 1% of the people who play it will try that.

What matters is how the game operates on the default difficulty.

Last edited by Ben Dutka PSXE on 2/20/2011 12:04:18 AM

johnld
 johnld
(@johnld)

yeah, i wouldnt review games on hardest either. i'm just saying that it does help alot on harder difficulties. under normal i dont think it would matter much because you can just hide behind a wall and pop out to shoot enemies. on elite you kinda have to use it because enemies are really accurate and they keep charging so you have to take them out as quick as possible. i want to see this new cover system for myself though to see the difference. ohh well, 2 more days and i dont want to spoil myself from the demo.

Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

I always used the cover system on every difficulty. BUt like Ben addressed, the cover system can present some frustrations. Once I learned to work with it, I was able to appreciate it more. Something I really do like in KZ3 is the running slide-to-cover and the vault over cover abilities. Though, it did take a little bit of conditioning for me to integrate them into my play naturally, but once I did, it's awesome. In fact, it feels sort of real, to get to a corner of a barrier, spot a nearby barrier with better positioning, and quickly time my move on an enemies reload to run and quickly slide right into that cover.

Yes, I've played the demo a lot 😉

Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

hey, I'd be excited too if Sony sent me my own bag of KZ3 plastic army men. Heck, I can't believe Ben still had them in their packaging. I'd have fire crackers rubber-banded to some of them within minutes of receiving them =p

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

hahaha

i knew that was going to happen, just because every other developers trying to turn their game into COD does not mean you have to follow suit!
i preferred the controls in KZ2, i actually found it allot easier to pull off shots then other games.
i wish games would go back to being made by developers, not by fans.
99% of the time they end up ruining the game, cough the removal of the death cut scenes because people have a 2 second attention span!
that was by far the best part of the story!

have to admit though this is looking allot better then what i was expecting!
i was expecting KZ2 with jetpacks.
but the levels are much more open (not as much as crysis 2 but its a start) much more variable, its no longer a corridor shooter.
mission variety and enemy variety does not look like its changed though, sadly.
i hope KZ3 has many more boss battles than 2, they always help breaking up the gameplay and stop it from getting repetitive.
hopefully they have more enemy classes and a bigger difference this time.
in KZ2 you honestly could not tell the difference between the soldiers and the scouts!
almost every enemy was the same, only just with a different weapon!
whats the point of having enemy classes if there going to be so similar?
you need to change their AI, for example if the enemies wielding a shotgun then he will be heavily armoured so he does not need to take cover, and flanks in close because shotguns have poor range.
if you have a rifle and less armor, then common sense would tell you rushing up and not using cover would be suicide!
thats the whole point of having enemy classes, to have a group of enemies that act differently then each other because of their strengths and weaknesses.

sirbob6
 sirbob6
(@sirbob6)

Okay, first off I clearly remembering you complaining about the slowness and how you couldn't turn fast enough to shoot any one.

On the topic of AI the shotgun guy you mentioned always charged at you and didn't use cover for the most part. To further point out the differences, in Soloman Village you could clearly see the difference of tactics between Miner's and trained troops. The miners blitzed and sprayed well the troops would flank and use cover.

I could go on a while but I think we had this conservation awhile ago.

johnld
 johnld
(@johnld)

umm, if you actually watch their movements then you'll see that they do move differently. the shotgun guys are pretty much there as a deterent. i think they have thicker armor too or take more damage because they're the ones charging in. they keep you occupied while others flank. their movements are pretty clear on elite difficulty.

Cavan1
 Cavan1
(@Cavan1)

never reply to this guy. He moans about every single game, its all he does, hes just a grumpy git that thinks he knows more than everyone.

everyone just leaves him alone.

Page 6 / 11
Share: