ZettaiSeigi
 ZettaiSeigi
(@ZettaiSeigi)

@Lawless: You crack me up. Hahaha!

Posted : 20/02/2011 12:00 am
Ludicrous_Liam
 Ludicrous_Liam
(@Ludicrous_Liam)

I use cover all the time..and THE SLIDE MECHANIC!? How did Ben not mention that? It's one of the most useful features in the game. Also Ben, if you go into the options, select advanced settings, their should be an option to change the crouch button to toggle or hold. Using hold means you have to hold cover while popping out of cover, then just release the aim button (with L2 still held) to go back into cover, instead of pressing L2 again as you said. Hope that helps.

Unless..your talking about when you go back into cover, your still getting hit? Thats not a flaw, thats just how it is. You have to move left/right so they cant get you, then just quickly pop out and pick your shot. Was exactly the same in KZ2..

Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

Sounds like some good advice Liam. I too thought the new slide feature is significant. I love it in fact.

Jawknee
 Jawknee
(@Jawknee)

I understand all that Liam but you can get through the game on any difficulty besides Elite without using the cover system once. Yes you CAN use it but it's hardly needed unless you're playing it on Elite. I think that was Ben's point as well.

Ludicrous_Liam
 Ludicrous_Liam
(@Ludicrous_Liam)

Cover needless on vetren? LOL U MAD? Yeah it's needless...in the case that you don't mind dieing time after time before mastering the game-mechanics & learning all possible A.I routines so you can kill them without cover. Huh. If you say so XD

Jawknee
 Jawknee
(@Jawknee)

Maybe you're just not that good. I had no problem playing though the game on Veteran without using cover. In fact it got in the way more than it helped.

Last edited by Jawknee on 2/20/2011 6:04:32 PM

Ludicrous_Liam
 Ludicrous_Liam
(@Ludicrous_Liam)

I can assure you I'm good, pretty good at that. Simply put you don't survive on vetren without cover; you just don't. I think you just haven't played KZ2 inawhile (I hope you are talking about KZ2...if your talking about KZ3 demo, then I agree; that was fairly easy on elite.), because I used cover so much it became instinct.

Ludicrous_Liam
 Ludicrous_Liam
(@Ludicrous_Liam)

Oh and..if your name on here is your PSN ID then it appears you haven't completed the game yet..(yeah I went that far lol. Still waiting on that friend approval by the way :P)

johnld
 johnld
(@johnld)

i have to agree with jawknee, cover system isnt really necessary unless you're doing elite mode. i played it once on hard and used the cover system just because its there. the second time i went on hard mode i didnt even use it. i just hid behind a wall and popped out to kill them.

i needed to beat hard mode 2 times to unlock elite and elite 2 times because the first time i beaten elite my trophy didnt sync. also the second time through elite became a cakewalk and barely used the cover system. only problem was the tank on the train. if the pacing for killzone 3 speeds up because of accessibility then i dont think the cover system wont be as useful as it is in killzone 2. i'm picking up my copy tomorrow at midnight so i'll check it out then.

Jawknee
 Jawknee
(@Jawknee)

I haven't completed it on Elite. I got stuck at the Radec fight. I have completed it on all other difficulties however. And I have played it recently. I am making my way through the campaign on Veteran now to brush up for Killzone 3. And I am not talking about the KZ3 demo. Elite difficulty is locked on the KZ3 demo.

By the way, you're looking at the wrong Jawknee's trophy list.

I'm at Jawknee1. 🙂

Last edited by Jawknee on 2/20/2011 7:58:00 PM

Ludicrous_Liam
 Ludicrous_Liam
(@Ludicrous_Liam)

So THATS why you haven't added me yet, right? Right? So worlds must be WorldEndsWithMe1 too, RIGHT?! Ok sure, maybe I've just become accustomed to using the cover system. (BTW I'm in the same boat; I'm on the last checkpoint in the radec fight..so unbelieveably hard and infuriating.) Oh & KZ3 Elite can be unlocked in the demo when finishing vetren 🙂

Jawknee
 Jawknee
(@Jawknee)

Aaah, I see. I never played it more than once at a time so I didn't know Elite unlocked. I always turned it off before the final cutscene was complete.

The cover system did more harm than good the first few times I played the game. But once I was forced to use in one Elite, it did become more natural.

Ben Dutka PSXE
 Ben Dutka PSXE
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

Due to the cover system.

Kiryu
 Kiryu
(@Kiryu)

@ben
i did need to use the cover system in the demo in trooper difficulty.

kraygen
 kraygen
(@kraygen)

I like the button configuration better on this one than on KZ2, but I thought KZ2 was a little too heavy and KZ3 is a little too light, if they could get the weight just in between and give the option to switch button configurations, I think everyone might be happy.

Page 5 / 11
Share: