Clear all

Killzone 3 Review

163 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Cesar_ser_4
 Cesar_ser_4
(@Cesar_ser_4)

ooo oooo oooo ben do that thing with the army figures like in the bulletstorm commercial

Posted : 19/02/2011 12:00 am
AshT
 AshT
(@AshT)

Awesome review Ben, i cant wait to pick up my pre-order

Posted : 19/02/2011 12:00 am
Ben Dutka PSXE
 Ben Dutka PSXE
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

It's okay. You don't have to lie to be cool around here.

Posted : 20/02/2011 12:00 am
Godslim
 Godslim
(@Godslim)

he might not be lieing u know my mate gets loads of games early because he works as a tester

Cavan1
 Cavan1
(@Cavan1)

hes probaly not lying, you can download killzone 3 from torrents sites, and since the playstation got hacked a few months ago, theres even apps on the android market which will "jailbreak" your ps3 - you run the risk of being banned but since you can make other accounts theres not really much risk. i think the download file is around 42gigs though which is huge lol

Jawknee
 Jawknee
(@Jawknee)

Actually you can't just create a new account. They ban your PS3 from the PSN. Not just your account.

shadowpal2
 shadowpal2
(@shadowpal2)

"Making up stories that aren't true shows bad character."

Unless of course if the person was just joking and trying to fun...which in that case he or she would have a humorous/fun character...wouldn't you agree?

Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

holy crap, Johnld you beat KZ2 on elite? I got to the very dang end, right in Visari's chamber room. My patience just couldn't tolerate it once you progress to the balcony part. My partner was a total retard and I just couldn't hold out long enough for a checkpoint. Maybe some day I'll try it again, but if you did it, then props. Very skilled indeed =)

johnld
 johnld
(@johnld)

yeah, the hardest part was the soldiers before radec, especially the rocket and submachinegun guys together. what i did was i hid on the second floor right by the stairs where theres rubble behind me. took out rocket guys with sniper rifle then waited till i got good shots at the other guys. they throw grenades once in a while but its easy to avoid. i had trouble with it the first time but the second time on elite was pretty easy. only problem i had was the tank.

i also found an exploit against radec. when he hides by the bookshelf or wall behind the staircase at the back of the room behind the middle statue, just hide behind the statue till he comes out. before he takes about 3 steps come out and blast him with a shotgun. if you did it correctly he'll go back to the same cover and you can keep doing it. he does manage to get out though but when he goes back you can repeat it. its best to use the shotgun because he tends to back off when hit but sometimes he just keeps charging so i run around and run backwards when i find him. keeping him in my sights the whole time.

Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

Like you, johnld, my first PS3 died and with it my KZ2 save file.

And yeah, that tank part on the train was the only other real hard part. I managed to survive that.
But I did get to the rocket launcher part like you described. In fact, I seem to remember using a similar method as yours. But that was it, I kept dieing from some random blast, or something very lame. I was hoping to get it to trigger the crashing transport ship (I think that triggers a check point) But basically, that KZ2 game broke me. I've gotten to where if I have to lean on exploits and design holes to win, I probably won't try to finish the game. Likewise, Master Ninja on NGS2 can get like that; though, I am halfway through it, I'm thinking of going ahead and enduring until the end, but just in very small doses.

You know, I wonder if that "cloud save" feature PS PLUS is about to offer will allow KZ2's saves.

AcHiLLiA
 AcHiLLiA
(@AcHiLLiA)

I found that COD [email protected] on veteran mode was a little harder on some missions than the elite mode on K2.

Last edited by AcHiLLiA on 2/20/2011 1:20:36 PM

johnld
 johnld
(@johnld)

@alexander
I'm gonna have to disagree with you because one simple fact, treyarch cant make challenging games only cheap ones. killzone gets challenging while treyarch cods get cheaper and cheaper. i tried both veteran on [email protected] and black ops and they suffer the same fault. they have multiple parts where you take less damage, enemies more accurate, enemy grenade spamming, unlimited enemy spawns, and moronic ally AI. black ops took this cheapness further by having all these in a confined space/hallway and stair cases that forces your character to slow down while decending at the same time everyone is shooting at you.

dont forget the last guardian, i hope its out this year but i seriously doubt it.
i seriously doubt SMs next game will be out next year, especially if its a new IP.
they spend 5 years working on GOW3 so i cant see how they can get a new IP out in 2.
same goes for QD, look how long it took them to do heavy rain!

Kiryu
 Kiryu
(@Kiryu)

@unknown

QD's engine is already done so they can use that same engine to make another classic.
I think santa monica will announce their new ip by this year.

Lawless SXE
 Lawless SXE
(@Lawless SXE)

I know... just thought I'd try to be a downer 😛

Page 4 / 11
Share: