so many other ps2 collections
quantic dream's next game

2012 is also looking excellent!

Posted : 19/02/2011 12:00 am
CrusaderForever
 CrusaderForever
(@CrusaderForever)

@Lawless

Really?! LOL! I know what games are exclusive or multiplat. I am just saying the PS3 has got some 9.0 games! The kicking A$$ part is based on the exclusives. 2 of them really scoring high so far! Anyway, 2011 is very special.

Last edited by CrusaderForever on 2/19/2011 11:58:17 PM

Jawknee
 Jawknee
(@Jawknee)

The cover system is pretty much useless unless you're playing the game on the hardest setting. You won't be able to progress unless you use cover. In Killzone 2 anyway. Can't imagine it would be much different in Killzone 3. I also noticed there is something different about the graphics. While they are as good as ever, they look a tad more grainy than Killzone 2. The guns don't shine as much. As for the sound, I love that the guns echo more now. Like they were going for that great sound BC2 has. Though in doing so they changed some of the sound effects for the guns. The assault rifles and the revolver especially sound diffferent. I prefered the old sound effects.

Good review. Looking forward to this. Can't wait!

Kiryu
 Kiryu
(@Kiryu)

Control 8.9 i don't believe it but an Excellent Score!

Jawknee
 Jawknee
(@Jawknee)

Playing the KZ3 demo and KZ2 back to back, I personally prefer the old controls. Would be nice if Guerilla gave us an option for the new controls or the classic ones.

Lawless SXE
 Lawless SXE
(@Lawless SXE)

Yet another great review. The intensity of KZ2, combined with the very competent AI, I thought was one of the best things about that entire game, and by the sounds of it, they've further improved on that.

I've stated before that I'm not a fan of FPSes, but I'm going to try to reward quality in whatever genre it reveals itself, so KZ3 is a must. My backlog for games is getting a tad out of hand though...
Peace.

Scarecrow
 Scarecrow
(@Scarecrow)

Cool. will get.

Bugzbunny109
 Bugzbunny109
(@Bugzbunny109)

I hope you guys succeed in your efforts to branch out. It would be great to see this site become larger than IGN or Kotaku. Then at least, we will be able to have some reviewers that have common sense.

MyWorstNightmar
 MyWorstNightmar
(@MyWorstNightmar)

Ben, second to last paragraph.

Despite a few reservations, which I will admit are more personal in nature, Killzone 3 is a game that begs to played; an experience that begs to be had.

You meant begs to be played. =)

Great review. Any score north of 9 tells me it's a can't miss, top notch title.

I wonder if we will get a Killzone 4, or if they bring the story to an end with this one.

Last edited by MyWorstNightmar on 2/19/2011 10:23:59 PM

Jawknee
 Jawknee
(@Jawknee)

I willing to bet they will make a Killzone 4 before this generation is out.

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

They are already talking more KZ stuff so a 4 is likely, but I'd like to see GG try a new IP first.

ZettaiSeigi
 ZettaiSeigi
(@ZettaiSeigi)

With all the good things I'm hearing about Killzone (2 and 3), it makes me wish that I don't suffer from motion sickness when playing first-person shooters. Reviews like this make me feel like I'm missing on a lot.

Anyway, I was able to try the multiplayer demo for a while and thought it was really fun... until I started getting dizzy. LOL I get killed a lot (I suck at such games), but I don't remember getting frustrated. I might still try playing the game, but I could not really guarantee that. All I'm hoping for is that those who plays and enjoys FPS games would pick this game up.

Great review, Ben. As always.

Jawknee
 Jawknee
(@Jawknee)

Does it not go away if you play long enough? Halflife used to give me motion sickness but I just toughed it out and it eventually went away for good.

ZettaiSeigi
 ZettaiSeigi
(@ZettaiSeigi)

How I wish it does go away like that. Last time I played an FPS, I remember making a beeline to the toilet. Haha!

Page 2 / 11
Share: