Ben Dutka PSXE
 Ben Dutka PSXE
(@Ben Dutka PSXE)

Yup.

Posted : 20/02/2011 12:00 am
Qubex
 Qubex
(@Qubex)

Time to swing the mighty ban hammer!?! I got 3 thumbs down for my comment and I have no clue why?

Q!

"play.experience.enjoy"

Last edited by Qubex on 2/20/2011 8:14:52 PM

Nerull
 Nerull
(@Nerull)

I pretty much never pick up a shooter til the price drops eventually ensue, although the splitscreen coop makes it a lot more tempting, but hearing that it's a lot closer to that "sliding on glass" feeling just cements my patience.
With its sales tho I can see why CoD has that much peer pressure and I know from KZ2 that the AI still elevates it from most of the FPS saturation.
Plus the Helgast remind me of the Death Korps of Krieg.
I'm sure the multiplayer is improved but I'll still only try it once in a blue moon.

Last edited by Nerull on 2/20/2011 8:21:10 PM

Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

I've noticed PS3 exclusives don't generally drop as fast in price as other games. Typically, a person can grab any third party game for like $20, or less, within one year of it's release. Exclusives like Heavenly Sword, Heavy Rain, Infamous, and KZ2 took a while longer to drop low. In fact, I think Heavy Rain being nearly a year old fetches no less than $40 new.

Bigtuna1
 Bigtuna1
(@Bigtuna1)

Actually Temjin, just look at Mag and Call of Duty. One a ps3 exclusive that didn't do as well as hoped.
The other takes forever to drop and probably sold enough to give away a copy to all of France.
Just saying.

Bigtuna1
 Bigtuna1
(@Bigtuna1)

Are you going to be talking about the 3D or Sharpshooter with the move controller. I realise only a few have access to one or the other, or both, but it is part of the new experience.

I mean we've all been wanting our games to go that next step in one way or another. Here we are with a game that was built with a more immersive way to play than any game before it. I mean it wasn't added later, it was built with both technologies in mind. There are some of us who have one or both and would like some input from a trusted reviewer such as yourself Ben.

So what say you Ben, any chance you can comment on the sharpshooter or 3D???

Nick Maim
 Nick Maim
(@Nick Maim)

I just played the demo. The gameplay is fantastic (The flying mech. suit is amazing. So much fun) I just wish that the characters didn't talk.

MysteriousMagus
 MysteriousMagus
(@MysteriousMagus)

I had to play the game with 0 sensitivity...
It was impossible to aim on the stock settings. But with 0 I owned the game... and man it was sooo epic... I just couldn't stop playing..
Even I must admit I didn't finish KZ2. I used to suck at it. Now I changed the settings a bit and started again.
So easy when you pull your knife out. I am glad they too that one hit kill melee from Kz3...

Anyways great review... I loved this game.
The ending was pretty cool for my taste. But It got me unexpected to the point of like... Going like wtf hahaha...
Still the story and great gameplay kept me going til the end!

Posted : 21/02/2011 12:00 am
xnonsuchx
 xnonsuchx
(@xnonsuchx)

🙂 As soon as I started scrolling down the comments and noticed EVERY comment had at least 1-2 thumbs down, I thought, "Uh-oh! Twerp alert!"

Simcoe
 Simcoe
(@Simcoe)

A PSN friend of mine picked one up on Saturday; unfortunately, his initial play through of the demo with it didn't leave him very impressed.

ZettaiSeigi
 ZettaiSeigi
(@ZettaiSeigi)

Qubex, I learned not to care about the "thumbs down" thing here. I mean, most of those who do that anyway are those that troll this site. Haha!

Simcoe
 Simcoe
(@Simcoe)

@Qubex, I know I saw that and read your comment and couldn't understand why you were thumbed down two times (obviously HiramJ was one of the three and doesn't count), so I gave you a thumbs-up! Your score is now 4-up to 3-down!

maxpontiac
 maxpontiac
(@maxpontiac)

Man did I miss I party.

Killzone 3 received a 9ish score from PSX. That translates into nothing to worry about in my book.

After spending some serious time on the Beta, all I can say is good luck catching my KDR!!

Devhour
 Devhour
(@Devhour)

Very well reviewed Ben.
I share the same opinion about the low score reviews around the globe. Below 9 is insane. I wonder if they actually compare the fps games already available on stores. Look at that Black Ops! Not even in my top 50 best games of all time. Killzone 2 was a blast but that feeling of "disappointment" you felt about the controls, well, for me they are quite good. The tweaks they did fit in my style, however I understand your thought. I think they didn't make it easier to kill, They did it faster to run and turn. Everything is faster than the previous game, and I like it. 🙂

You talk about the cover and you're right. I feel the same. I prefer doing it in the old way. Hide, kill and run. Cover is for tps alright. 🙂

I just love this site. Honest reviews. Great users. I'm from Portugal and I'm always talking about this at my friends. The greatest american site about games. I'm proud of being a ps3 gamer.

Keep up the good work and sorry about my english.

wryslok
 wryslok
(@wryslok)

R3 for zoom is the only complaint I have.

Page 10 / 11
Share: