Notifications
Clear all

Gran Turismo 5 Review

Page 3 / 15
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

@ABU

The metascore isn't an average, they use statistical methods to remove the influence of the statistical outliers before calculating the final score.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2010 12:00 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

so bad , then still a lot of untrusted and superficial reviews to be considered more worthy
,at least sales figure do prove them wrong

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Now this is what I call a true review. I don't know what is going on at IGN, maybe the reviewer was distracted by Jessica Chobot.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

lol

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

She's a butterface. Nice body... but her face...

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I was waiting for this review, and I am pleased with your review now that it is out. I am also glad that you viewed the the big picture of what GT5 represents, and didn't focus a few missing features. In my book, it's evidence of a true automotive enthusiast.

As you mentioned in your review, the driving in GT5 is superb, and dare I say perfect? There is a reason several automobile manufacturers turn to PD, and whether it's driving a Standard 2004 Pontiac GTO or Premium Toyota FT-86, everything feels right.

When it comes to missing features, there might be hope yet. Kaz himself has stated that GT5 is a living breathing world per se, an that updates will frequent the title in the coming weeks and months.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

That is some good review. Can't wait to play it.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Great Great Review PSX, After playing the game since launch i have been gob smacked with how good GT5 is. Seen many reviews that are clearly running off the old "play 10mins, get review up to get site hits" and the other old trick "give the biggest game of the year/decade a real low score to get heaps of traffic"
Finally a review that give this master piece some justice.

Well done on the review and well done on holding back to complete more of the game and give a "true" review and score of this epic game.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I love this game. Best Gran Turismo I have played. The game is addicting as heck and the complaints people have(even I had at first) aren't worth complaining about after playing the game. I can't wait to get home to play some more.

I did notice unchecking 1080i and 1080p in the PS3 Display menu benefits the game. The minor tearing it does have is almost completely eliminated and while things don't look at sharp the game seems to run a bit smoother. That dolt over at IGN either had an agenda or is just a complete boob. The game is so much better than an 8.5. I think IGN should retract that review. It's hugely misleading.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Agenda - IMHO...

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I look forward to trying it on 720p, too. 4xMSAA is awesome at nearly any res.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Well, it has to be said: When IGN rate it 8.5, 0.2 from the average of 8.7, and this site gives 9.9 one should ask who has the second agenda in this picture...!
Now I'm not saying that Arnold is a exclusive-fanboy, but I *am* saying that accusing IGN for having second agendas because of this microscopic difference is totally ridiculous, no less.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

BEAM, a review is a lot more than a numbered score. Read the IGN review and you'll see why it is poor from the ground up.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

brilliant review. i love this game. it feels like i am playing the old school gran turismo games from ps1, ps2 times. i also felt like the brakes option not being there was weird but understand why. over all this game is amazing and the premium cars are beautiful.

i like how the game compares your friends progress with yours. some times i will put the game on b-spec mode and put my driver in with a high hp car. put him on pace down and let him go. wins every time.

i have not yet gone online and i am ok with that. i am simply having to much fun in gt mode.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

To answer previous question, PSX is included in metacritics score on most PS1 reviews, so yeah...lets hope it bumps metacritics overall score up -_-

BTW, I'm thinking gametrailers might finally give a PS3 game a 10, because it seems they're taking their time with it...

GT5 sales are going to intresting...

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 15
Share: