Gran Turismo 5 Revi...

Notifications
Clear all

Gran Turismo 5 Review

Page 2 / 15
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

The braking system is an important part when increasing the horse power of any car ,for example as buying a Honda Civic type R it comes with a very low horse power along with a very small disk pads the are not suitable for stopping the car at high speed even with ABS because the contact area between disk pads with the rotating wheel's break disk that will lead to failure of braking system to stop wheel against the high momentum of the car's weight
,so for better braking system you need wheel with a larger areas of contact with the road along with larger disk pads to be able to hold against the body momentum along with supporting the disk pads with more cylinders at the drum break to force more pressure for disking pads against Disc brake which are also needed to be tougher , more heat resistance and containing better cooling mechanism
surely a lot of car fans would know these principles but still no can take them of from a real game simulator
improving the brakes along with better road traction will provide a better braking stability.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2010 12:00 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Come again?! Brakes don't improve raw breaking power? Maybe a pad slap doesn't but you're fooling yourself if you believe that for a second! Most cars sport streetable brake systems. Using a good, metal canned, brake fluid alone increases breaking power. Braided steel lines improve fade. Two piece rotors with aluminum hats to improve heat removal along with solid construction 4 & 6 piston calipers will shave double digits of feet from braking. Throw in a petitioning valve to keep your car from nosing on the brakes and it'll feel about as god as a sternum rub.

I feel like brake upgrades were left out to keep the games emphasis firmly planted on the significance of braking. This mod would basically unlock one of the biggest handicaps a player could have.

About the sound in this game... Of you're complaining that this doesn't sound good then you don't have the slightest clue as to what cars should sound like! One cat that immediately made this obvious was the Zonda in arcade mode. Holy noise pipes, batman!

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

ABUrabad, I'm not getting what you're trying to say. You're not getting my point. Of course, higher horsepower cars need upgraded brakes, but only to prevent from breaking out, like you say. Race and other fast cars upgrade their brakes for it to be suitable for the right condition, not braking power. Performance brakes seem to perform better than stock brakes because they're more suitable to the situation. Again, the game doesn't simulate any type of break wear, so it doesn't really matter.

DemonNeno,
Unless the game simulates brake wear in a realistic kind of way, buying brakes is pretty mute. Performance brakes improve braking power mainly by managing the heat and the coefficient of friction. If the game can simulate that, then yes, the game better have the option to upgrade.

I'm not saying that performance brakes make no difference. Yes, if you have car with higher horsepower, you'll need to upgrade to bigger and better calipers/rotors. However, buying a stock car, and upgrading it to performance will do no difference, and if you do that in real life with the sense that you'll get better braking power, you'll just be wasting your money. It will however last much longer.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

The best review I've read for this game. Great Read. I love this site 🙂

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Thank you for the great review ,I'v enjoyed reading it
"To put it blunt: there is no equal." this is what I liked most and what every other driving game lover most take in consideration.
Im sure about the setbacks at the games that most of them will be fixed by continues updates .
most of all other reviewers (cough IGN )didnt go deep enough into the game to discover that does GT5 have to offer such as the damage which will be unlocked totally by reaching level 40 and I'm sure no one will be able to discover that by playing 20 hours in total for most of us
I hope that all critics ( cough IGN ) would look back a review their own reviews
(cough cough ... this one is a real cough)

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I should also say it again as a lot of great people did say here at this lovely website the score of any game should be compared to all other games of its own genre , and we can all see that GT5 has a lot to offer more than any other game in all consoles available at the market.
GT5 has raised our expectations and the level that other games in the future need to match or getting close to what GT5 offers at this moment.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Man the IGN review made me sad,It made me sad to see how little time some review sites spend with any one game. Not to mention how desperate they were to get one of the first reviews up. Destructiod did a pretty good review for once, and if they can see this game for how great it really is, and not how long we've waited, I think everyone else can too. I really think some other sites should go back and give it a real amount of time before they just spit something out.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I cant stop wondering and at the same time LMAO how are IGN reviewers feeling about themselves after discovering how shallow they were specially when people are now talking about unlockable damage that they havent discover .
the good thing about readers comments as I can find a lot of people step of for the fight against their review at this moment, GT5 has been showing out there a HUGE base of fans.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Easily the best review on the internet. I just wish I had a G27 wheel! Santa, I'm lookin' at you...

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

You should get back to Santa after he's done playing GT5, I doubt he can hear you now.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Just one simple question ,is there a chance that this review score would be in consideration for metacritic?

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

PSXextreme has always been part of the metacritic score.

*edit

well I don't know since when, but I know for sure a lot of games that I looked for in the site always had PSXextreme as part of the critics list.

Last edited by daus26 on 11/28/2010 310 PM

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

All PSXE reviews are added to Metacritic and GameRankings.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I actually stumbled upon PSX through Metacritic. If I remember correctly, I was looking for reviews of Killzone 2...

Boy, am I glad I clicked on that link!

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

hopefully then that this review will rise the average for the reviews after the poor work of some critics with the funny agenda.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 15
Share: