Gran Turismo 5 Revi...

Notifications
Clear all

Gran Turismo 5 Review

Page 10 / 15
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

All the game had to simulate is shorter braking distances. You'll get better turn-in speeds by doing so with more high speed prior to that on the straight. Better brakes have other consequences, like rotating mass for example, but hardly any car (including stock cars) won't see an improvement in braking distances from upgrade. In fact, brake wear will INCREASE from most high friction materials. By wear I'm implying physical deterioration of materials.

As a road racing enthusiast, I can firmly assure you that brake upgrades do far more than reduce fade. For example (with my personal vehicle) I could turn in at roughly 5 mph slower at black hawk but could keep at speed an additional 50 ft doing 120.. 89 SHO with no abs on a set of hooisers. that was by going to an 13x1.25 2pc rotor (C5) with c5 pbr hd two piston calipers. Thats roughly 2.8" diameter and .5" width imcrease over the sub par oem units... And not pushing my luck! (driving the car to the track and back home).

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm simply saying brakes are far more significant than just reducing fade.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2010 12:00 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

How can you take IGN seriously wen they give a 10 to the RDR DLC and a 8,5 to GT5? It's a hidden Agenda for sure.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Uh oh, some Forza fan has gotten crazy with the thumbs down..

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

bigrailer19 -

For sure. It took me about a dozen tries, but once I found "my" racing line, I was able to pass the lead car on the last corner.

Now on to the AMG Ring Challenge.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

For the most part I agree with the boring simulator comment. But I really do enjoy a good flight simulator. Guess that has something to do with me learning to be a pilot in real life, but that's besides the point lol.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

It's funny because Agradegamer is only a jeuvenile

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

If you're unsure about a game you wanted to play but the reviews aren't givin it the scores you thought it would get.....

Then hears an idea how bout you rent it to see for yourself, it's not hard. You never know if you're goin to like a game until you actual play it.

Last edited by GuyverLT on 11/29/2010 317 PM

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Snaaake,

Yeah, I'd rather play "Import Tuner Challenge" on my 360......

"NOT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

For 5 years I think a little variation in the driving styles of the competitors is not too much to ask for.

Drivers who move to cover, late break, are aggressive etc. I dont think these are unreasonable requests. Just a bit of variation in what happens.

As a example, F1, drivers are aggressive, do cover lines, and do late break.

As I said it's a driving sim - not a racing sim.

For what is a pretty big chunk of the game, I feel they could have devoted a bit more time to the racing intelligence element.

Drop off a few hundred standard cars and implement superb AI intelligence. I'd have said that was a fair deal.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Highlander -

No need to be so defensive here.

As I stated in my initial post, the AI does an admirable job and is not perfect. But if you actually try to pass at the right moment (not saying you don't, so do NOT assume), and avoid damage, the AI does a decent job.

On that Lotus Top Gear challenge, the AI cars lose control coming into the "Wilson" and "Gambon" quite frequently.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

You have no idea what you're talking about. You got owned by Highlander. So much nonsense in your statement it's not even funny. Games like Uncharted 2, God of War III, Killzone 2, MGS4 etc weren't possible without the Cell.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Gamestop or IGN training at it's finest. You need to read what Highlander posted.

Last edited by maxpontiac on 11/29/2010 743 AM

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I love it when people think math is all about numbers.

IT'S LOGIC, FOO!

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I STILL see a lot of clueless people online whining about Blu-ray and not wanting to "help Sony make outrageous profits off insanely high licensing fees for it" (or words to that effect), yet they offer no evidence of anything they claim to have a problem with...not that there is any, but they could at least link to some other more important hater's whining. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I am so jelous,I recently lost my job and had to put $1,300 into my Audii that broke down on me. So I was unable to get anything in the last 4 to 6 months accept for Black Ops, and my friend bought me that one so that I could play online with him. Life really sucks sometimes...

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 15
Share: