Naruto Shippuden: U...

Notifications
Clear all

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review

Page 2 / 5
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Since im a naruto fan i got this day 1. Its a pretty good game, story mode is really fun and the boss battle are amazing. But yeah as ben and ALOT of reviewers said, you gotta be into the anime to like the game. Still i was hoping they'd make it more customizable, instead its less customizable.

Last edited by SnipeySnake on 10/26/2010 1036 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/10/2010 12:00 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I agree with the 7.8 for this game because they ruined the adventure mode by making it corridor based whereas in the first game which is a PS3 exclusive had the adventure which was open world, naruto fans please play the first one then play this on the ps3.
But i will buy this game because i love the fight scenes which is better than the anime.
As for the voiceovers.
We hardcore anime fans know we should always watch anime and play anime games in Japanese where the characters real voices are shown and are spot on.Japanese anime is not meant to be watched in english.It is meant to be watched in Japanese with English Subtitles.
PS3 owners please play the first one first you will feel like you're in that naruto world.
WHY DID CYBERCONNECT2 MAKE IT MULTIPLATFORM DAMN XBOX CANNOT HANDLE THE POWER OF THE FIRST GAME!!
DAMN MICROSOFT RUIN EVERYTHING BY MAKING IT MULTIPLATFORM!!!
I"M SO ANGRY,THEY RUINED A PERFECT ANIME GAMING FRANCHISE!

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

The fight screens and quick time events were pretty awesome. Seriously, why can't we get a DBZ game with lush and well rounded graphics with similar gameplay and presentation?

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

You gotta let that whole Japanese voice thing go man, I watch all my anime in English and enjoy it much more for not being distracted from the action sequences.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I agree with Kiryu. Most anime is more enjoyable with subtitles. Doesn't distract me. The only anime that i have ever watched with decent voice acting was Ninja Scroll and the original Pioneer VHS release of Akira. The much later DVD release, they redid all the dialog with new actors and it was utter crap.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

@world
Just Shut up

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

@jawknee
my fellow jap voice loving brother you're right why can't cyberconnect2 or anybody else make a fantastic DBZ game.The fight scenes will be out of this world like Asura's wrath and even better.The current dbz games are ass!
Naruto is nothin compared to the fights in Dragonballz.Always watch dbz in Jap!

Last edited by Kiryu on 10/26/2010 1116 PM

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

hey screw you.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

@Kiryu, i always watch Dragonball z in Japanese too. Can't stand the voice actors they use. I did like the voice actors in The Worlds Strongest though. That movie was published by Pioneer as well. Seems Pioneer knows how to pick better voice actors than Funimation.

Side note. World didn't mean anything by it his first comment. He's just being the World we all love and admire. Straight forward. 🙂

Now you two make up. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

@world
really sorry dude.

@jawknee
who do u think can make a hardcore dbz game?
p.s dbz kai music didn't suit me.old dbz jap music was better with better voice acting performances.

Last edited by Kiryu on 10/26/2010 1147 PM

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

It's all good, I just think the whole "English voices are bad" thing is WAY overblown. I hated the Japanese voices in Cowboy Bebop, totally didn't fit.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

What do you mean by hardcore DBZ game? I want to see a DBZ game with high production values. At least as high as these Naruto games. I just downloaded the Raging Blast 2 demo. Not impressed. The demo for this game was far better and more entertaining. I just want something with fast action and quick time events like this Naruto. Those quick time set pieces are awesome in Naruto. The whole time i was playing the demo i just kept asking myself why DBZ games aren't done like this.

As far as the Kai music, i agree. The original score is the best. The voice acting is the same though if you turn on the Japanese audio.

At least i thought it was. Goku and Piccolo sound the same.

Last edited by Jawknee on 10/26/2010 1152 PM

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I haven't watched an anime in years, except for maybe something GitS, but this demo was a blast. The super ultimate moves are great. I think I'll snag this at a bargain price.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Sounds good but I always feel like these Naruto games are best played after you've finished watching the shows. They contain spoilers galore for those who are halfway through.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Yeah this game is only till the pain fight so many people know the story already i think!

Last edited by Kiryu on 10/26/2010 1147 PM

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5
Share: