Fallout: New Vegas ...

Notifications
Clear all

Fallout: New Vegas Review

Page 3 / 6
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Good thing for me that the game sold here in the Philippines for about $40, Region 3. I'll wait for the patches before I play this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2010 12:00 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

damn!

Not surprised though. Bethesda isn't the one to blame, it's Obsidian. They made Alpha Protocol after all.

Last edited by hellish_devil on 10/22/2010 742 PM

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I looked up the Fallout 3 review. 9.6.

No wonder they wanted to silence peoples reviews. Usually new games are supposed to get better. Not worse.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Maybe they wanna keep em quiet for an impending patch.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I thought the same thing but if they were that worried, shouldn't they have fixed these issues before release?

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I haven't even opened this yet, so I have no personally informed opinion on the game yet, but I knew from the get-go that I would basically be paying full price for a game that's really a giant expansion.
But I'm fine with that, because as buggy as 'Fallout 3' was and 'New Vegas' likely is, I've still poured more hours into the former than almost every other video game I've played, so the latter is likely to be at least in the ballpark of the same level of enjoyment.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Even though F3 received good scores when it first came out, there will still posts on the net on how it had major glitches to it. As I'd never played a Fallout game before having played F3, I hummed and haughed over buying it for a few months before I finally picked it up. When I did, I was glad that I had, but I had about an hours worth of updates to download before I played. Even though the game wasn't perfect, I was still an amazing game to play. I'm hoping to find the GOTY version super cheap sometime so I can play all the DLC as well without forking out all that extra dough for them. (Not to mention having to re-download them if my PS3 dies..again..)

When I first heard about NV, I was definitely thinking D1P for me...but then as I thought about it, I remember that maybe I should wait again for a few months until it's been updated a few times to work out some of the glitches.

I will be getting NV eventually, but this is a trend in video games that has become more and more prominent with this Gen of systems. I don't know about you guys but less then 10 years ago, when I heard a game was coming out, it was a D1P for me, no questions asked...Now, my D1P games are few and far between because developers seem to be launching a game that isn't ready. Look at a few of the games that have launched since the PS3 came out that weren't complete. Socom comes to mind...GTIV had major issues with freezing up and was pretty much patched the day it released. F3..now F:NV?

Makes me wonder if the internet on consoles is really a good thing...use to be if a game had glitches on release date..you had to deal with it..now? When's the last time you bought a new game and got it home and DIDN'T have to do an update on it right away?

I've said it once before and I'll say it again. The day is coming when we will run out to the store to buy a brand new game. We'll run home unwrap the cellophane from the box, and in anticipated excitement, we'll open the game case.......................................

Only to find a hand written sticky note taped inside saying

"Will update soon."

But then again, who am I kidding? The note won't be Handwritten...that would be a waste of time...

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

CH1N00K,
Actually.....
We'll get a promissory voucher now, for a secondary voucher later on, which will entitle us to the primary voucher for 2/3 of the game, in which they'll hold back the other 1/3 so they'll have us shell out an additional $60 for another promissory voucher that will get us the secondary voucher, and will entitle us to what they call *cough* extra DLC *cough*.

We just have make sure to save all our vouchers in case we continue to get a extremely shoody, buggy, glitchy, freeze-up broken downloads, cause we'll then have to request a request for a return voucher, that will give us a second voucher with their P.O. box addy on it, so that we can request the primary return request voucher that will entitle us to request a return voucher envelope to place our 37 vouchers in.
And of course, a small waiting period for the secondary Voucher, and once again, another small waiting period for the primary voucher.

And if our broken D/L should so happen to accidentally on purpose get lost in the mail & we want to track all our vouchers in transit, then no problemo!!!!

We'll just need to fill out a promissory lost D/L voucher request which will then authorize them to send you a secondary voucher that will give us the primary voucher showing us a map of where our broken D/L was last seen.

BTW, since they use two different vouchers with two separate map locale on each, I'm really not sure which map voucher we'll will be recieving.

But I do know this much, it's got to be either the Slauson Cutoff at East JeeBip, or in the general vicinity of Bum F*ck Egypt, give or take a few thousand kilometers.

Last edited by BikerSaint on 10/22/2010 1023 PM

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I'm really enjoying Fallout 3, so much so that I turned to the clock next to me and it read 3:30am so that's when I decided it was time for bed. Highly addictive. When I finish that then I may try NV.

Last edited by FxTales on 10/22/2010 903 PM

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Got this today and I have to say I am enjoying it, will just add to the collection nicely with my Fallout3 Game Of the Year Edition.

Fair review Arnold but im happy with my purchase cant say ive seen nothing too glitchy so far.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Maybe you should clarify why you think its a disappointment.

that sort of sweeping statement should be left for GFAQs not here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2010 12:00 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Yeah, just fixed that typo.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

two things.....
first...Lol...
second..WTF, Huh?..LOL!!!

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

..btw chaps the patch is out.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

really enjoying this, its the perfect example of fun over technological advancements.
yes its EXTREMELY buggy, the graphics are not exactly cutting edge, the lip syncing is way out, its cheesy and cliche but SO WHAT?
all that does not make a good game, it being fun makes it a good game.
im loving it just as much as i was loving fallout 3, no more because of some of the sick twisted missions!
this is what i dont get with the media, MW2 had you shooting innocent people as a terrorist and the sh*t hit the fan!
but one of the missions in this has you dealing with a cannibal!
ok, killing innocent people is not ok but eating them is?????????

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 6
Share: