Fallout: New Vegas ...

Notifications
Clear all

Fallout: New Vegas Review

Page 2 / 6
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Hey World, log into the forums and check your in box...left a message for you....by the way, how is New Vegas in your opinion so far? I'm still up in the air as to whether or not I want to get yet

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2010 12:00 am
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Replied.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Isn't Obsidian made up of ex-Black Isle developers? Didn't Black Isle create the Fallout series? The series creators craft the inferior Fallout game?! Oh, the irony!

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Well that's... expected. You'd think that Bethesda would have switched things up from the Gamebryo engine by now, considering they've been using unmodified for the last four years (Since Oblivion), and even then it wasn't the best.

I always knew to treat this more as FO3: Relaunch than a new game, but to hear that it is more or less exactly the same is a huge disappointment. Nevertheless, I maintain some degree of interest and will likely pick it up when Bethesda releases a GotY/Complete Edition.
Peace and Thanks Arnold.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I suppose enemies still can't climb stairs, either... With Oblivion reskinned for the 2nd time, one would've thought they could've at least tuned things up a bit...but from this and Alpha Protocol, we can gather that the studio can't be bothered with QA. I suppose they're confident their customers will grab it, either way, in much the same way MS wasn't too bothered with RROD. Too bad. Perhaps, i'll just wait on FO3:GOTYE for the bargain bin.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Thanks, Arnold, for the sufficiently informative review, and for saving me some money.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Oh, and the line, "I'm the guy you shouldn't [talk] down to, or I'll kill you" is classic, love it. Hope there's no copyright because that's one for the arsenal.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I would have liked your impressions of the hard core mode. Does it make the game crazy hard or does it make the game more immersive?

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I heard the difficulty setting and hardcore mode aren't tied. You can choose very easy difficulty and hardcore mode on, as you can do very hard and hardcore mode off.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I read that too. But they say there's some nasty side effects from lack of sleep and ammo having weight leads me to believe i'll be a lot more broke than i was in F3. That just makes things harder no?

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

It's really not as difficult as it sounds. True ammo has weight so you have to be selective about what weapons you want to specialize in. Food and water is everywhere so that's not a problem at all. Just keep a decent supply of rad remover on hand and you're good to go. Lack of sleep throws your aim all off so that's not a good thing. About two hours of sleep at a time cures that. It's harder in hardcore mode obviously, but still very much playable if you don't try to Rambo your way through it like you would normally.

Last edited by Geobaldi on 10/22/2010 1045 PM

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Sounds fantastic, I'm starting my playthrough tonight. So far the gripes seem petty and I'd be rather upset if they changed too much of the gameplay. Some things should stay the same. Fallout is atmosphere, period.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Shouldn't a game that comes out 2 years after it's predecessor have improved though? Especially in the graphics department?

https://temp.psxextreme.com/ps3-reviews/179.html

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

yes, but I personally didn't expect it to. I have followed Bethesda for a long time and know to keep certain expectations low.

What bothers me is that other high profile games don't get chastised for not improving.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Enough of this crap. I want a new Elder Scrolls 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 6
Share: