Clear all

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Review

46 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

That's the crux of it isnt' it, doesn't feel like a Lara Croft game. Even if it is the first with that as the title.

Posted : 05/10/2010 12:00 am
Orvisman
 Orvisman
(@Orvisman)

LOL. I'm waiting on Dead Nation too... been waiting a looooong time for this one.

I'm a huge fan of Housemarque. It is a real shame Housemarque went multiplat with its next game.

Although, I would think a mention of Dead Nation or Yakuza of the End would have made it into the Dead Rising 2 review not a review of Lara Croft.

Anyway, I have Zombie Apocalypse... it is okay.

I, however, prefer Burn Zombie Burn to Zombie Apocalypse.

TheHighlander
 TheHighlander
(@TheHighlander)

I enjoyed the demo, it's refreshing to have a top down view arcade style title for a change. It's not a third person game or anything, but that's not a major issue. I mean, OK it's not a third person action adventure, but does it have to be one of those?

I enjoyed it, I may have to pick up the full game.

Qubex
 Qubex
(@Qubex)

Yip, Ben, as you put it, it could almost be generic now; that "immersion" is not really there anymore...

Lara, Princess of Persia...

Q!

"play.experience.enjoy"

TheHighlander
 TheHighlander
(@TheHighlander)

Indeed Jawknee, indeed. and as we all know, there can be only one!

I'll be back.

downloaded this a while ago, its alright which more or less sums up the whole series perfectly!
i wish crystal dynamics would go back and do a sequel to the game that made them famous, and the best platforming game ever!
pandemonium!
loved that game so freaking much!!!!!!!
still play it on my PSP from time to time.

BikerSaint
 BikerSaint
(@BikerSaint)

Off topic for a sec....

FYI, here's a free "Dynasty Warriors ONLINE" beta key giveaway! (Promotion ends 10/07, so get yours before they're all gone!)

Please note that you won't be able to D/L the actual client until "THE EVENING OF OCTOBER 12TH" (but that's still 2 days earlier than the other beta testers are getting it).

http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/dynasty-warriors-online/?tag=nl.e513

chucknasty
 chucknasty
(@chucknasty)

Annoyed that online coop is not up. I bought it but I don't want to figure out all of the puzzles before I can play w/ my friends in other states so it is shelved pending a patch. grr.

Akuma_
 Akuma_
(@Akuma_)

If you think 2400mb is hefty.

The Brotherhood beta is 3048mb.

Amazingskillz
 Amazingskillz
(@Amazingskillz)

Top down sucks. This is some bull-ish. Looks like a kiddie game. I was really hoping for something better.

@Temjin - I think you got your games mixed up because Tombraider 2 was the best of all of them.

TheHighlander
 TheHighlander
(@TheHighlander)

It's an arcade game based on Lara Croft. I don't see why people are being so harsh on the game. If you don't like arcade games, that's fine, but just because you don't like arcade games it doesn't mean that this game is bull-whatever or a kiddie game. It's juts an arcade game, nothing more and nothing less. Personally I enjoyed it - precisely because it's an arcade game instead of being yet another cheesy third person action game. I just don't see why making an arcade game based on Lara Croft is problematic for people.

Either way, I enjoyed the demo and will probably pick up the full game.

TheHighlander
 TheHighlander
(@TheHighlander)

OK, I know it's not directly on topic, but it's a top down arcade game, so I'll just pop the question here in case someone know the answer.

Why is Atari not producing a version of Haunted House for the PS3? XBLA, Wii-Ware and PC only - apparently. Now, I don't know about you, but to me that's nothing less than a direct snub to the PS3 community. It's not like it's a huge budget game, it's a downloadable game, so where is the PS3 version?

Atari, you suck.

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

Atari can't get anything right any more.

Jotun
 Jotun
(@Jotun)

I didn't even know Crystal Dynamics was still in business! I'm glad to see they still make great games.

Posted : 06/10/2010 12:00 am
cxmnky
 cxmnky
(@cxmnky)

@world
But this ISN'T a reboot. Like the review said, this is a spin-off to pass the time while the studio continues work on a full fledged Tomb Raider game. That's why they kept Tomb Raider off of the title on this game.

Posted : 08/10/2010 12:00 am
Page 3 / 4
Share: