Clear all

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Review

45 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
hellish_devil
 hellish_devil
(@hellish_devil)

LOL @ Ben screaming to the screen when playing a game that is not Enslaved "oh my God; just die already, bitch!"

Posted : 03/10/2010 12:00 am
piratedrunk
 piratedrunk
(@piratedrunk)

Great review. I wasn't terribly impressed with the demo but now I am quite interested and might have to pick this one up after or around Christmas.

KNG201
 KNG201
(@KNG201)

it feels good to see new ips' im getting a little tired of playn old franchises. bring on the new franchises. oh wait there is one franchise im feenin to play.....MAX PAYNE 3

Jawknee
 Jawknee
(@Jawknee)

Good review. That last bit does help quite a bit though I already new I wasn't going to get this for those reasons after playing the demo. If your going to do something do it right I always say. If I was a developer, glitches, hitches and screen tearing would always be the first things to be fixed if present. No way in hell would I feel comfortable presenting my work to the public with glitches like that. It's akin to me releasing a record with out of tune guitars, bass and drums.

Last edited by Jawknee on 10/3/2010 1:09:57 PM

Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

I'm tech oriented for sure. It's the old PC gamer in me that would go from site to site comparing performance measurement readings between ATI and NVIDIA graphics cards.
BUt at the same time, I really do appreciate great art design (FF, ME, etc) it's just the best when I can have the best of both worlds... rather than just one world =

DazeOfWar
 DazeOfWar
(@DazeOfWar)

I'll pick this up someday when it's cheaper. I wasn't that impressed with the demo. It just didn't make me interested in the rest. Maybe if it would of been more than just a training level. Good review though Ben and someday I will play it.

tlpn99
 tlpn99
(@tlpn99)

After playing the demo I decided to get this game.

Ben's review was good and made me still wanna get the game so im still gonna purchase this. It looks like a very beautiful looking game and I cant wait to try it once it is released. Day 1 buy for me.

Teddie9
 Teddie9
(@Teddie9)

Keeping my pre-order and looking foward to the great narrative, but I don't want to continue to put up with these technical issues in the future.
Simple combat, light and heavy attacks, screen tearing, what will become of their DmC reboot...

RebelJD
 RebelJD
(@RebelJD)

I'm artistic and a fun game is a fun game. I know I'll have fun with Enslaved because a good game is a good game.

Posted : 04/10/2010 12:00 am
chucknasty
 chucknasty
(@chucknasty)

Looking at your post's message coupled with several glaring spelling and grammatical errors I can only give a slow, ironic clap. Keep doing it right:|

Posted : 05/10/2010 12:00 am
hadouken
 hadouken
(@hadouken)

I don't care about the technical issues. Nothing is perfect, not even uncharted 2 (my favorite game ever.

I'm getting this because I love the world they created and the characters seem amazing.

Posted : 05/10/2010 12:00 am
Jotun
 Jotun
(@Jotun)

This is one of the few games out there that seems to live up to the hype of the world it was trying to create. I'm extremelly excited to find out the story gets the focus for once in a game of this genre. We already have GoW, Bayonetta, Castlevania, Darksiders, etc etc. I don't need more hack'n'slash.

Posted : 06/10/2010 12:00 am
Libertarian
 Libertarian
(@Libertarian)

Enslaved surpassed my personal hype. Superb game. Love Ninja Theory.

Posted : 07/10/2010 12:00 am
Lairfan
 Lairfan
(@Lairfan)

I still can't get past the fact that Trip acts like a complete bi when you're chasing after her on the ship, then she puts that headband on Monkey and expects him to serve her without any questions asked (sure she apologizes, but it feels kinda heartless after seeing what she had done to Monkey throughout the first level). That still makes her seem like a bi in my eyes, no matter how much her character is developed throughout the game.

Still getting the game though. One character won't ruin a game full of Uncharted-like moments for me.

Posted : 12/10/2010 12:00 am
OPHIDIAN
 OPHIDIAN
(@OPHIDIAN)

Man, this guys reviews are bloody good.

Just played this and would not write a word different from the above.

This game is for people who can become emotionally encapsulated into a game. In other words the balance goes more towards rpg fans rather than fps.

Posted : 24/08/2011 12:00 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: