Clear all

Sonic Adventure Review

53 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Scarecrow
 Scarecrow
(@Scarecrow)

Should we start reviewing ps1 games as well? Just because 14 year olds didn't have a chance to play them back in the day?

These Dreamcast games have reviews from those days. Just like ps1 games have reviews from those days.

It's nothing personal or anything, I just disagree with reviewing past games at this day and age. Should we be reviewing Capcom's SNES re-releases like Final Fight as well?

Posted : 24/09/2010 12:00 am
sawao_yamanaka
 sawao_yamanaka
(@sawao_yamanaka)

A lot of publications where asked to review the game and they all feel the same as Ben here. The fact that they added trophies and HD visuals gives reason enough to review. The ps1 games have nothing new added to them at all so they are straight ports unlike this game which came out on the dreamcast and not ps3. They also release the arcade ports from capcom. Final fight and I forget the other one but they were reviewed and received a better score than this game and are a heckuva lot older than this.

Last edited by sawao_yamanaka on 9/24/2010 1:24:37 PM

Lotusflow3r
 Lotusflow3r
(@Lotusflow3r)

He's alive and about to make a grand comeback. The true sequel to Sonic 3 is coming this fall, Sonic 4 and will be his return to form.....LOOK OUT!

Hezzron
 Hezzron
(@Hezzron)

Pffft....Sonic will always be the poor man's Mario.

LegendaryWolfeh
 LegendaryWolfeh
(@LegendaryWolfeh)

Eh, I'd prefer Sonic Adventure 2 to the first one, so...hopefully they'll release that one soon.

Underdog15
 Underdog15
(@Underdog15)

I remember reading a Sonic NOVEL in grade school.

alfie
 alfie
(@alfie)

damn! i never had PS3,PS2, or even PS1 in my Pathetic life:-(
sucks live'n here in the Philippines.

A2K78
 A2K78
(@A2K78)

For the really hardcore(like myself) Sonic Adventure and even Shenmue was never a real reason to own a DC, but rather the sheer amount of Model 3 and NAOMI conversions which was destined for the console

In the end its a shame sega gave up on the dreamcast because like the Saturn, it was really the console of choice for the hardcore.

LimitedVertigo
 LimitedVertigo
(@LimitedVertigo)

Um the Saturn was a terrible piece of hardware that doomed a majority of the software on it. How can you honestly claim it was a console for the hardcore? It could barely crank out 3D graphics and yet Sega billed it as a 3D machine.

It's right up there with the 32x for worst idea for a console EVER.

Temjin001
 Temjin001
(@Temjin001)

Yeah, Sega was the poor ginny pig who got to taste the sting that most add-on peripheral upgrades just don't sell well.

A2K78
 A2K78
(@A2K78)

" I bought crazy taxi for the psp and boy did it get repetitive as hell! Worst purchase ever!"

As with fighting games, Crazy Taxi is a title really meant to be played at and enjoyed at an arcade.

sawao_yamanaka
 sawao_yamanaka
(@sawao_yamanaka)

A bad game is a bad game no matter what.

really wanting to download this, but the influx of demos lately have almost put me over my limit.
ill probably download it early next month to tide me over till sonic 4 comes out.

Vivi_Gamer
 Vivi_Gamer
(@Vivi_Gamer)

I loved this game on the Dreamcast, if my student loan comes in today im sold.

Though i do admit some levels are dodge like Big the cat's fishing levels. i was not tthat found of Amy's either, but the rest were great.

Is the Chao minigame still in this BTW?

Kangasfwa
 Kangasfwa
(@Kangasfwa)

I actually played through the whole game with the fishing cat. Fishing your little frog buddy out of a giant monster was laughably surreal when I was a kid. I finished the game with every other character too, by the way.

The final boss battle with Sonic vs Doctor Robotnik remains one of the best moments in gaming I've experienced. It was Epic--back in the day. 😉

Last edited by Kangasfwa on 9/24/2010 5:01:11 AM

Page 3 / 4
Share: