Clear all

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Review

65 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Imagi
 Imagi
(@Imagi)

Bought the game for the multi-player, which is worth the price of admission alone, the single player campaign is good, well worth the play and has replay value due to the destructible environment and gun selection options.

This is, for me, the best online shooter to date on the console platform, by far. No other game touches it for the epic adrenalin fuelled moments, and the mayhem of battle which can barrage your senses.

It is probably the closest you will come to post traumatic stress disorder without actually being in the firing line.

Posted : 24/03/2010 12:00 am
Alienange
 Alienange
(@Alienange)

And thank goodness they changed the knifing button.

MadKatBebop
 MadKatBebop
(@MadKatBebop)

@Imagi

I Couldn't have said it better myself!.

Bagmup
 Bagmup
(@Bagmup)

After playing BC2, i traded mw2 for Metro 2033.
Battlefield all the way.

Alienange
 Alienange
(@Alienange)

MW and BC are as similar as Pinball and Lawn Bowling. There may be multiple balls involved, but the field is completely different. Saying one is better than the other seems redundant to me. I'll have a good time with my friends no matter which one we play.

johnld
 johnld
(@johnld)

the only thing i didnt like is the night map/maps. with all the trees, rocks, and stuff to hide against, its really hard to find people unless they fire their gun. if mobile infantry are that hard to find, imagine those stationary snipers in ghillie suits.

battlefield bad company 2 beats campfest/jacked up spawns/modern warfare 2 any day.

Last edited by johnld on 3/24/2010 4:30:18 PM

LightShow
 LightShow
(@LightShow)

the thing i like is the bullet drop. now being a sniper actually requires you to think. imagine if they factored in wind. *mwahaha*

i have no love for snipers, but this game makes them bearable.

MadKatBebop
 MadKatBebop
(@MadKatBebop)

This is the first MP game I like sniping in!. For the first time sniping been done right!.

The Stig
 The Stig
(@The Stig)

The SP is alright, a bit too easy I found, even on the hardest setting. I did however like the little pokes they had at MW2, 'heartbeat sensors are for p*****s' was my favourite.

But the MP is where this game really shines. Working as a team is vital, and especially good if you get a squad of your mates together. I'm having so much more fun with this than I had with MW2, which I would have traded in by now if it wasn't for the spec-ops missions.

Lazytrappin
 Lazytrappin
(@Lazytrappin)

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2.

Jamaican_Heat
 Jamaican_Heat
(@Jamaican_Heat)

Sorry guys I have to disagree with everyone. MW2 is domanant for online play. I still cant put it down. I got tired of this game very quickly for some reason. Hopefully some map packs come out soon to make MW2 that much more enjoyable.

BikerSaint
 BikerSaint
(@BikerSaint)

Thanks for all the SP mode info guys,

It's been added to my list of "wants" now

buckoboy1
 buckoboy1
(@buckoboy1)

om nom nom NOM!

Posted : 25/03/2010 12:00 am
Wage SLAVES
 Wage SLAVES
(@Wage SLAVES)

Yeah, I agree they didn't touch U2. Though, everyone wants to knock Mike Tyson out or Dunk on MJ, everyone wants to look like Uncharted 2.

Multiplayer has people moving a little more patiently than MW2 that's for sure.

Last edited by Wage SLAVES on 3/25/2010 9:18:14 AM

single player wise MW2 is better, but online wise BFBC2 is better.
MW2 just had those action moments that had your heart pounding, like the mountain climb or the snow mobile race.

BFBC2 to me was a massive let down, i absolutely loved BFBC and was expecting this to be that but on sterioids but it could not be more different.
BFBC was a really big open world game, and every mission you were handed a laser designator to wreak some havok!
sadly BFBC2 rarely lets you do that, it feels really boring and mundane in comparison to BFBC.
BFBC > BFBC2 && MW2 > BFBC2

PLEASE! DICE PLEASE GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL BATTLEFIELD SERIES, ENOUGH OF THIS BAD COMPANY BS GO BACK TO WHAT MADE YOU FAMOUS GO BACK TO WHAT YOUR FANS WANT!!!!!!!!!!!
BATTLEFIELD FOREVER!!!!!!!

Page 4 / 5
Share: