Clear all

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Review

65 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
tridon
 tridon
(@tridon)

Grr... I'm so torn! I wanna get this but I don't want two modern shooters this year and at the moment, I'm leaning more towards Medal of Honor. Maybe I'll hold off until the fall and see what the MoH reviews look like. If they're not very good, then I'll just get this game at a lower price.

Posted : 24/03/2010 12:00 am
MadKatBebop
 MadKatBebop
(@MadKatBebop)

What you can do is buy MoH for the SP and buy BC2 for the MP (that's what I'm doing). MoH SP will most likely be a real good one, but its MP is most likely going to be like MW2 (and after playing BC2 MP you really don't need to play any other MP games).

Last edited by MadKatBebop on 3/24/2010 1:55:36 PM

Lazytrappin
 Lazytrappin
(@Lazytrappin)

Get it or you will miss out on this quality game. It is well worth owning. It's all I've played since it came out. The multiplayer trumps Modern Warfare by a long shot.

Hezzron
 Hezzron
(@Hezzron)

Despite only being somewhat entertained by the first BC, I do have some interest in this game. It looks like a decent improvement. From what I've seen, it's taken a few hints from MW2 (leveling up), which is a good thing IMO.

I like this kind of stuff, but I'm gonna wait until it's cheaper in a few months. Sue me, I'm thrifty.

tlpn99
 tlpn99
(@tlpn99)

I got this game the day it came out. Single player is good im still working my way through it.

Multiplayer online right first off the bat when you get this dont be put off by the online side when you try it. At first I was running round like a noob and you soon get taken out by the people who are a higher skill level than you. I was like what's this all about as I wasn't sure what I was doing etc now I love playing it.

You have to get into a squad that talks. The amount of times I jumped on with a load of random people and not one of them was talking. The only downside I would say to this is that you can only talk to your squad members. So if your friend jumps online with you then chances are they will end up playing on the opposite side and you wont be able to talk to them. This is only if your squad is full. If a space is available then they will jump into your sqaud.

Also when playing you can spot other enemies this is done by pressing select so that they become highlighted on the map. Other members on your side but not in your sqaud can see this so they know where they are etc.

The 4 classes are good and bring a variety to the game. I play with a clan all the time online and were all different levels so we will say I'll go medic or such and such it does help if you have a good mixture of the classes though.

I also like the use of the vehicles in this game. Flying the helicopter will take you some time getting used to but it's something your going to have to have to practice. I have landed one once and that was a fluke but it bounched and skidded along the ground lol. The tanks are great fun but hard to control sometimes.

I like this game as much as I like MW2. Playing both online is very different though and you soon realise that.

Good review Arnold.

Alienange
 Alienange
(@Alienange)

That's what I'm talking about. A gamer who knows when he's a noob and makes the needed changes to actually enjoy the game.

MadKatBebop
 MadKatBebop
(@MadKatBebop)

I admit, I need more practice with the helicopters. My fear of crashing or looking like an idiot with my squad inside the haul discourages me greatly. But its something I should learn to do.

BeezleDrop
 BeezleDrop
(@BeezleDrop)

I believe it is Definitely worth a purchase if you are a FPS fan. I bought it on Day 1 as well and thoroughly enjoy every aspect of it. I am actually having so much more fun with this then I did with MW2, plus there aren't as many angry people online. I do agreed, great review. There is much more depth then your average shooter, it encompasses Tactical Destruction, many fun vehicles, and some of the Best Weapons to fight with, and Huge maps. I recommend!

kraygen
 kraygen
(@kraygen)

Well I'm not a big shooter fan, but I've always enjoyed battlefield shooters more than most. However I was really interested in trying mag just because of 256 player.

However due to money constraints and what not I never pay more than $20 for a shooter.

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

I wanted split screen though.

NonProphet
 NonProphet
(@NonProphet)

Totally agree, I really want to be able to go online with friends and play together when we're hanging out. Still a pretty great game.

Alienange
 Alienange
(@Alienange)

You wouldn't be able to get the full effect of their massive vistas with split screen. Besides, with 12 players on each team it's hardly the time to reduce your field of vision.

Shams
 Shams
(@Shams)

Vehicles and destructible environments. Sounds rich.

Bloodysilence19
 Bloodysilence19
(@Bloodysilence19)

i defently know bfbc 2 doesn't look as good as mw2. but that's cause bfbc2 graphics are unique in its one way. bfbc2 online is 10xs better than mw2 for sure just wish there were more game types in bfbc2 like mw2 has. online for bfbc2 is more fun with better things you can do in it like spotting a enemy from far distance, which helps with snipers. also bfbc2 online doesn't have idiot nuke noobs and halo 30 feet jumping with a knife crap in every game. now mw2 single player is better than bfbc 2 for sure. other than that bfbc 2 is better still than mw2.

NonProphet
 NonProphet
(@NonProphet)

COD might have better graphics but its much more confined. I'm sure its easier to render/animate a map when its 1/10th the size of the competition. After playing MAG and BFBC2 I feel claustrophobic when I go back to COD.

Page 3 / 5
Share: