Clear all

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Review

259 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Jawknee
 Jawknee
(@Jawknee)

Great review. I pretty much agree with everything except the audio part. I thought it was terrible and the guns mostly sounded the same. IW should have kept the same gun sound effects from the original. I liked that the AK47 had a different firing sound then the M4 Carbine etc. Now they all pretty much sound the same with a few exceptions. But they sounded cheap. They don't have the same level of pop or crack as they did in MW1 or even KZ2.

The graphics I have to agree were very subpar. Everything looks like construction paper and the colors looked like they had been through the washing machine a hundred and a dozen times. I didn't hate the game, but I was far more impressed with MW1. I think for me this is one of the most over appreciated games this gen. I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up. It was pretty much what I expected.

Last edited by Jawknee on 11/13/2009 1:18:38 AM

Posted : 13/11/2009 12:00 am
Swim_Irr
 Swim_Irr
(@Swim_Irr)

I had the same complaint about the sound. The gun sounds aren't satisfying in the very least.

Jawknee
 Jawknee
(@Jawknee)

One more thing. The 1911 isn't present in the entire game until end in the museum. Disappointment.

Last edited by Jawknee on 11/13/2009 2:16:09 AM

Karosso
 Karosso
(@Karosso)

Black had the best sounding guns of any shooter to date.

orangpelupa
 orangpelupa
(@orangpelupa)

@jawknee
the colors look bad on PS3 version but it can be fixed. by tweaking the monitor/tv brighness setting.

yes its a bit annoying, but MW2 will look A LOT better.

this "color" / "brighness" issue seems to occur both to PS3 and xbox version --> eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-modern-warfare-2-face-off/

@arnold
Arnold, thanks for this good review.

and yes im disappointed on the 18players online too.
and even more disappointed when i just got my PC version and found that it also ONLY 18 PLAYERS. ARGH!

i already OK playing with a few players on the console with my friends to kill some time when i busy or when im just too lazy to turn on my pc...

but when on weekend, me love the 50players on PC.. i miss 50player online play...

Last edited by orangpelupa on 11/13/2009 1:12:51 AM

Jawknee
 Jawknee
(@Jawknee)

Yea I tried adjusting the TV settings. I managed to make it loo better but when I quit my game the PS3 home screen looked like crap. Too much trouble.

dillonthebunny
 dillonthebunny
(@dillonthebunny)

for me the game is in the 9.5 area, but facts are facts.... tho single player is amazing, it does remind me of a killzone2 cod4 rainbow6 resistance hybrid bastad child, lol. good, but nothing but a series of incredibly controlled very playable intense comfort zones.

multiplayer is where il be spending my day with a lil spec ops. personality i think this game is worth every penyy, but i have to agree with your thought AK.

seems the community is behind you on this, thats a good sign.

dillonthebunny
 dillonthebunny
(@dillonthebunny)

damn i hate the combination of typing on a ps3, sitting too far away and being late for work, sorry for my typos in my previous post..

(@www)

Yea me too, at least a 9.0 - 9.5 area.

bigrailer19
 bigrailer19
(@bigrailer19)

im with you guys! i think it brought alot more new features to be ignored. and the campaign this time around i actually enjoyed. MW campaign i did not like, but this one made me feel like i needed vengeance or something!

and dont get me started on the MP, and spec ops. i honestly thought the spec ops was gonna be a rip off, but im wowed by it! simply makes the game 10 times more valuable!

thats all im gonna say though, im tired of all the FPS hate around here so im done defending games i really enjoy to play. id rather play em' than argue with immature people, who cant respect ones opinion! if you dont like it thats cool, but i think its a 9.0 game which is in the 8.9 range which makes it a must play in my eyes! good review btw Arnold!

Last edited by bigrailer19 on 11/13/2009 10:51:49 AM

WorldEndsWithMe
 WorldEndsWithMe
(@WorldEndsWithMe)

That's a good move Bigrailer, if the game tickles your gonads then it's best to play it over knocking your head against a wall trying to defend it.

The way I see it, games are very subjective, and even with an unbiased professional review it is still just an aid to gamers, in the end even I like some games that get ACTUAL low scores and dislike some that get high scores.

bigrailer19
 bigrailer19
(@bigrailer19)

yeah i mean i understand people have tastes. i just find it really hard to voice why i like the game, before getting shut down! lol you know what i mean!

anyways i do like it and im enjoying it so let me get back to what i was doin! 😉

meh, if you ask me a 8.9 is very generous.
but how did i know this was going to happen?
its confirmed i can read the future!

Qubex
 Qubex
(@Qubex)

"anonymous"; I felt similar... from what I have seen from the gameplay videos and various video reviews; I would probably have scored it a little lower... again, my bar is Killzone 2!

Q!

"i am home"

Last edited by Qubex on 11/13/2009 2:48:07 AM

for me BLACK set the bar.
thats the best FPS ive ever played.

Page 5 / 18
Share: