Clear all

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Review

259 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Kempy21
 Kempy21
(@Kempy21)

finally a honest review i didn't think I'd ever see one. really good review this is why i come to this website.

Posted : 13/11/2009 12:00 am
mastiffchild
 mastiffchild
(@mastiffchild)

I'd have knocked a nmark off straight away for there being nop dedicated servers on any layform myself. PS3 owners are quite used tio the merits of them these days allowing many more people online than the paltry rip off offered by the apparently going backwards with multiplayer IW.

The story is also completely silly and a step vack from the excellent pacing of the first game. I haven't bought the game as I don't think IW/Acti deserve any of our money this time round and shafting the eU and PC gamer was pretty crappy, imo. However I've watched 90% of the campaign and loads of the spec ops and MP to knopw what the games about andd , to me, the "airport terrorit" level is done just for the press in generated and could have been handled better in a differnt way-say in a flashback during narative with a scarred, mentally demoralised former operative, no?

The nig one, though, is for the lack of dedicated servers which smacks to me of IW starting not to cre about the overall quality of their product. It was the most onvious move forwards for a ganme oft touted as the online game of the year and it isn't like they're strapped is it?

BTW, most of my mates would totally agree with your scoring Arnold. They average between 8.5-9/10. 9v9 doesn't cut it for me anymore-when a game as small, in comparison, as Warhawk can manage 16v16 lagdree on dedicated servers the fact this doesn't is a greedy, money grabbing disgrace and they should be ashamed at the mess they made.

Jut420
 Jut420
(@Jut420)

That's why this is literally the only site whose opinion I consider when I'm on the fence about a purchase. They tell it like it is and always point out everything that's important. I realized it when I read a review for a game that I had already played and after reading all I could say was, "Wow, I couldn't have written this any better." You guys are great here at PSX!!

Danny007
 Danny007
(@Danny007)

Totally correct. This game is so not perfect like other reviews say it is. Uncharted 2 is the only game that comes close to perfection. Uncharted 2 for game of the year!

psxmax
 psxmax
(@psxmax)

It's nice to know that there still exist a true gaming site that does not follow the hype and gives real reviews. Keep up the good work.

Your nickname should be AK47 (Arnold Katayev 47) for shooting down the hype.

raztad
 raztad
(@raztad)

You can find them mostly on the floor (stones look pretty bad), exactly where nobody is looking at while playing :D. Pretty smart.

Nice review BTW, with all those flaws a 8.5 would be more accurate 🙂

Jawknee
 Jawknee
(@Jawknee)

I remember seeing a few too but they didn't stick out nearly as bad as the ones In MW2. Naughty Dog did an excellent job hiding them. I came across a majority of them while I was examining the environtments and scenery. They go completely unnoticed in normal game play.

MyWorstNightmar
 MyWorstNightmar
(@MyWorstNightmar)

You played the game? I would not have thought you would have played it, bought it or even rented it with previous posts you have made filled with disdain towards this game and any FPS for that matter. Thought you would have been too busy with Demon’s Souls, or Dragon Age.

Last edited by MyWorstNightmar on 11/13/2009 12:37:50 AM

LimitedVertigo
 LimitedVertigo
(@LimitedVertigo)

I didn't buy it, or rent it. I did however play it, took me a little over 5hrs to finish the game. I'm not one of those twerps that bashes a game without fulling experiencing it, that would just be ignorant.

My disdain for FPS? I love FPS, true FPS. I'm not a fan of console FPS or games like MW2 which go backwards instead of forward in terms of gameplay. In fact I've already preordered LFD2 and I'm buying BC2 on day one.

I'm currently enjoying my 2nd playthrough Demon's Souls and recently started TorchLight on my PC.

Qubex
 Qubex
(@Qubex)

I am expecting a very high score for Bad Company 2... a day one buy for me too... that Frostbyte engine sings out allowed to me.

Q!

"i am home"

Geobaldi
 Geobaldi
(@Geobaldi)

Torchlight is an addicting little game. Great warmup for Diablo 3 as well.

MyWorstNightmar
 MyWorstNightmar
(@MyWorstNightmar)

Limited, so you made it all the way through Demon's Souls? I would like to play that game, I have heard it is very difficult. Might be too frustrating a purchase for me, but I also don't want to miss out on a fantastic game.

Last edited by MyWorstNightmar on 11/13/2009 10:38:51 AM

LimitedVertigo
 LimitedVertigo
(@LimitedVertigo)

Demon's Souls can be VERY intimidating in the early going. But if you keep at it after a few hours of playing you will start to get the hang of things and it wont be as tough as you might think. VERY rewarding game and it totally sucks you into the environment. A MUST game for anyone remotely interested in RPGs or action.

Qubex
 Qubex
(@Qubex)

Why did K sell his Craptivision shares? ...because he knew the truth!

Q!

"i am home"

johnld
 johnld
(@johnld)

in my opinion, the matchmaking sucks. I was a level 1 and was set up against people who were 30+. before i even got a feel of the map i get bombarded with all these killstreak rewards. after that it was fine. But this game is unforgiving to lower level players.

Page 2 / 18
Share: