Clear all

Madden NFL 10 Review

39 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
dfm078
 dfm078
(@dfm078)

Is this still recommended for someone that never tried a football game but really enjoys watching the sport? I ask 'cause I've always been curious about football games but never had the opportunity to play them since I live in a soccer loving country

Posted : 25/08/2009 12:00 am
TheHighlander
 TheHighlander
(@TheHighlander)

Rent it first to see how you like it. It has a lot of options for new players. EA is trying to make all their games accessible to everyone, not just the hardcore gamers.

phade2blaq
 phade2blaq
(@phade2blaq)

I say give it a go ! Once you understand the nuances and the different defenses and offenses, you'll grow to love it !

For help in getting started with Madden, I recommend visiting maddentips.com ! Great bunch of guys there who'll be more than happy to help you !

Arvis
 Arvis
(@Arvis)

I say try it, play on "Rookie" difficulty, then jump to "Pro" once you start winning games 80 - 0. That's what I did, years ago. 😀

-Arvis

dfm078
 dfm078
(@dfm078)

Thanks guys, I think I'll buy it. @TheHighlander Sadly I have no option to rent it here but thanks anyway!

phade2blaq
 phade2blaq
(@phade2blaq)

I've loved Madden since the very early 16 bit days ! It was the first football video game that closely resemble football and I've loved it ever since. In fact, it's the one game series that I'll buy without first playing it.

The only gripes I've had since EA gained the license is the fact that they don't have any competition to push them to innovate the game !

I've always wanted to be able to use created plays and all time great teams for online play and sadly EA still won't give us that option.

Second, I am always hopeful that the cheating that goes on during online play could be eliminated or at least curtailed a bit.

Other than that, I enjoy the game whether I play on or off line !

Mr Bitey
 Mr Bitey
(@Mr Bitey)

Two words: Bat Man!

Posted : 26/08/2009 12:00 am
photo K
 photo K
(@photo K)

alright, I've been playing 2010 on the ps3, and its been fun, but unless i move the sliders a lot, I can't run at all.. and my blockers dont know how to block anyone. And there is never any separation of my WRs from the DBs with the long ball. Flat passes, crosses and posts work so easily its almost too easy. So basically, I have about 400+ yards passing and 20-30 rush yards. I haven't tried the franchise mode in-depth yet.

As much as I love the character graphics, tackling, pretty screens, its still missing that smooth, easy, user-friendly gameplay.

And one of the smallest details (maybe not that small) but why are we still not allowed to substitute specific players for certain formations and plays without have to sub only during play-calling during a game? I like to move hester or welker in the slot on certain plays. something little like this was takin out of the next gen games..

Posted : 25/09/2009 12:00 am
photo K
 photo K
(@photo K)

One word: what

Posted : 25/09/2009 12:00 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: