Notifications
Clear all

Prototype Review

102 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Oxvial)

LOL love how Arnold put that image for a review with a score of 6.

Posted : 17/06/2009 12:00 am
(@SubjectiveTruth)

I was disappointed to see that you were late on the review at the time I bought it. So I checked out xplay's site and it was a 4/5 so I got it. I'm really glad I saw that before this, because I like it. I would not have bought it if I saw this before hand. I was expecting it to suck.

(@Anonymous)

I don't understand the reviews on this game.

How can so many people love it and recommend it, and so many others hate it?

Who's right? I dunno.

I'm playing both, but first I'm gonna play Infamous next week.

The powers, flying, and wall running abilities look a lot better than Cole's power.

(@Gow49ers)

Arnold,

Ty, you just saved me $60.00 , i was on the fence about getting this game, but with no demo available, and after reading your review, i will wait for a price cut, keep up the great work!

Gow49ers

(@Kowhoho)

I played Prototype at a friends house for a half-hour, and it was pretty fun, I gotta say. I carried innocent civilians to the tops of skyscrapers and hurled them, spiraling like footballs, off the top. I cleaved people in half with a gigantic sword-arm.
It was a great thirty minutes.
The only problem is, I feel like was playing that first thirty minutes over and over again. Aside from the new powers, the gameplay didn't remain very fresh.

(@BikerSaint)

Damn,and just when I had high hopes for this game too.
All that time & they couldn't polish it? WTF???

Oh well, if it's bad, then hopefully it'll drop in price real quick & I'll still get it, but only when it hits GameStop's bargain sandbox.

@Ben,
BTW just wanted give ya "Props" on how well written your review of Prototype was!
And not like some "foaming-at-the-mouth rabid fanboy", as this guy's inFAMOUS vs Prototype review was written(I laughed so hard at his 8 year old mentality, I almost pissed myself).

And I'm sure you'll be rolling your eyes at this one too.....

How Prototype is blatantly better than inFAMOUS
http://www.destructoid.com/how-prototype-is-blatantly-better-than-infamous-135979.phtml

Last edited by BikerSaint on 6/17/2009 10:56:24 PM

(@Kowhoho)

.....wow.
What morons.

(@TheHighlander)

Pretty sure it's Arnold's name at the foot of this Prototype review...not Ben.

😉

Gotta check out that link of yours. Sounds like fun - in a flame-worthy sort of way.
reading...
scanning...
Oh dear god.

For the briefest of moments I wondered if the review at Destructoid was a satirical review, and not serious. At first it sort of seems that is the intent, sort of. However after reading further, I stopped wondering. I began to think this offensive little man was serious. Actually point 6 in this review made me very angry with the author. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who thinks the way that Jim Sterling (the author of that pathetic excuse for journalism) apparently does is simply beneath contempt. I don't often read anything at Destructoid, and I'm really quite glad I don't If I read that piece of trash at any reputable site I would not rest until I had managed to ensure that Mr Sterling's material would never be published there again.

Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

Last edited by TheHighlander on 6/17/2009 11:40:38 PM

(@ArnoldK PSXE)

As is the case with most PS3 and PSP reviews, I wrote this one. 😉

(@dveisalive)

Well I havent played prototype yet but were is the demo. Anywyas Red Faction is a blast and very addicting.

(@ace_boon_coon)

why would you buy infamous and not play it?

Last edited by ace_boon_coon on 6/18/2009 12:26:17 PM

Posted : 18/06/2009 12:00 am
(@karneli lll)

Its simple, the people who are too proud to play infamous will praise it (if i would've played it before infamous i might've enjoyed it) will say it rocks and what not.

I tried it and i felt like i could be doing something better,the game actually exhausted me.

Its funny how the army doesnt notice one of their own running up walls

(@LegendaryWolfeh)

Wow...that's all I can say..

(@SaintX)

I can't believe theres this writer out there whos so bias, so unbelievable, so ridiculous, so ididotic, so ........
I can't believe this kind of article is allowed to be published. Its just plain bashing. Point #10 is so out of topic, that guy just loves to take a swipe at PS3 fans.

(@Banky A)

I never liked Jim Sterling.
It turns out it was supposed to be sarcastic in a way but then... >>>

he also gave inFAMOUS a 6.0/10 which is what Arnold gave Prototype, LOL!!

^_^

The worst part is, pretty much 95% of the commenter's there agree with him without question.
I know we have opinions and they have their own niche but seriously??? Every single one of them..

Page 2 / 7
Share: